Harman Kardon Onyx keeps shutting off mainly for a faulty power switch, the lousy connection of Onyx with one of its surrounding speakers, speaker’s mainboard malfunction, battery issues, and Onyx speaker’s improper connection.
If you encounter sudden turning off of your Onyx speaker while playing, be sure that any of the above factors is the culprit.
However, to immediately solve your speaker’s problem, you need to know its fixing ways. So, continuously read this troubleshooting guide’s each point and learn all the solutions. Then, certainly, you will fix your Onyx’s issue by yourself.
Table of Contents
- Harman Kardon Onyx Keeps Shutting Off [5 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Faulty Power Switch
- 2. Bad Connection With One Of The Surrounded Speakers
- 3. Speaker’s Improper Connection
- 4. Battery Issue
- 5. Speaker’s Defective Main Board
- Can I replace the battery in my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2?
- Which Harman Kardon Onyx speaker is the best?
- How much does a Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 5 Cost?
- How do I connect my Harman Kardon Onyx to my computer?
- Are Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers suitable?
Harman Kardon Onyx Keeps Shutting Off [5 Easy Solutions]
Onyx speakers’ this troubleshooting guides contain all those major causes for which it automatically shuts off. The solutions are also here. Let’s discuss:
Note: You can also read how to fix the Onkyo subwoofer not working problem.
1. Faulty Power Switch
The defective power switch is the prime reason why your Harman Kardon Onyx can keep turning off. Due to this cause, your speakers stop working even if it is connected to the AC power. The main reasons leading to this crisis are:
- Electrical overload
- Damaged wire
- Old or expired power switch
The fixing way of this problem are the following:
- Ensure a stable electricity supply in your home
- Replace the damaged or corroded wire
- Check whether the power switch itself is out-of-date or not and replace it if required
2. Bad Connection With One Of The Surrounded Speakers
The lousy connection between your Harman Kardon onyx and other surrounding speakers is enough reason why the Onyx keeps turning off.
The speaker’s noticeable volume and communication failure hinder Onyx’s smooth-running process. The probable reasons for this trouble are:
- Unusual poor connection within the surrounding speakers
- Bad electrical resistance
- The high amount of current flow
- Large voltage drop
If you encounter your Onyx keeps turning off, first check its connection with the surrounding speakers. The general fixing way of the above issues are the following:
- Ensure your Harman Kardon Onyx’s strong connection with other enclosed speakers
- Take steps to prevent the lousy electrical resistance
- Make sure the electricity is flowing in a sufficient amount
- Ensure stable current to avoid the sudden significant voltage drop
3. Speaker’s Improper Connection
Your Harman Kardon Onyx speaker’s improper connection not only can cause its turn off but also can lead to a short circuit or other damage. If your speaker cable’s bare wires touch one another, it causes an improper connection between the units.
Inspect your speaker’s connection and ensure it is appropriately connected with the units or other speakers. Ensure that your speaker cable’s bare wire is not in contact with the metal parts of the speakers unit. The metal parts include screws and a rear panel.
4. Battery Issue
Your Harman Kardon Onyx is portable because it operates without a cord and runs on a battery. Thus having an issue with the battery is an apparent reason for its shut-off.
The rechargeable Lithium Polymer damaged or corroded battery is one of the main reasons why your Onyx speakers shut off. The following factors cause this crisis:
- The coil is taking a huge current
- The shortened or broken wires in the cables
- Overcharging or undercharging
- Leakage and corrosion in the battery
Take steps to prevent damage to your battery, and your speaker’s turns-off issue will solve automatically. The standard solutions are:
- Inspect the damaged battery’s coil and check whether it’s taking too much current or not. If it requires a considerable current for the faulty coil, you should replace the battery.
- Check the cables and ensure the wires are working perfectly. Replace the broken or shortened wires
- Don’t keep your battery in charge for hours without any reason. Check the battery charging percentage and take it off once it becomes 100%. Again, don’t unplug the charger before the battery gets fully charged.
- Replace the corroded or leaked battery
5. Speaker’s Defective Main Board
The problem in your Harman Kardon Onyx speaker’s mainboard is another reason which it keeps shutting off. When the mainboard becomes damaged or fails to support the speaker system, it automatically turns off.
Inspect the speaker’s central board and check whether it is properly working or not. If the mainboard failure is the culprit for the Onyx speaker’s turning off, replace the main power board immediately.
Can I replace the battery in my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2?
Yes! You can replace your Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2’s battery. Usually, the battery of this device is rechargeable and has a definite lifespan. Thus when the battery’s power ends, you have no other choice than to replace it.
Which Harman Kardon Onyx speaker is the best?
Comparatively, Onyx Studio 5 is the best in terms of performance. This speaker’s general playtime is 8 hours and more. Moreover, it offers a wireless dual sound system to its users. It offers exclusive features, the best sound, and a portable Bluetooth speaker.
How much does a Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 5 Cost?
The Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 5 approximately cost $219.99 with free shipping. For an elevated audio experience, you can use your wireless Onyx studio 5.
How do I connect my Harman Kardon Onyx to my computer?
Use the remote app for your Harman Kardon Onyx’s quick setup or connection to your computer. Via the app, set up the DLNA, Bluetooth, and Airplay of your Onyx. After setting it, your wireless connection will be ready to use.
Are Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speakers suitable?
Yes, the Studio 6 speakers of Harman Kardon Onyx are good enough. The reputation of Harman Kardon is exceptionally high because of its producing top-class speakers. And this Studio 6 model is nothing but proof of its reputation.
Now all the factors are crystal clear to you for which your Harman Kardon onyx keeps shutting off. Hopefully, you will detect your Onyx speaker’s turn-off issue and fix it by yourself in no time.
Leave a comment in the comment section. Let us know whether you successfully solve the problem or not. If not, we are here to help you with the solutions.