Toshiba TV red light blinks 10 times mainly due to voltage issues, faulty main board, malfunctioning power board, defective cooling fan, and dirty TV unit. You need to install a dynamic voltage stabilizer to fix power surges or voltage fluctuations.
Also, you need to replace the malfunctioning main board, power supply board, and lousy cooling fan. And keep your Toshiba TV clean to ensure perfect airflow in it.
By going through this article, you will learn about the factors creating these hitches and their effective solutions. So, don’t miss this article’s any point and you will surely be able to fix your TV’s issues by yourself.
Table of Contents
Toshiba TV Red Light Blinks 10 Times [5 Easy Solutions]
As soon as you plug your TV into an electric outlet or press your TV’s power button, you may experience your Toshiba TV not turning on a flashing red light.
There are several major factors responsible for this hitch. Let’s go through all those major causes and their solutions:
1. Voltages Issues
Any voltage drawback with the main 3.3V, Sub 5V, and DTV 9V is responsible for your Toshiba TV blinking power light. A stable voltage or power source is the most crucial factor which ensures your TV’s efficient running.
Sudden fluctuations in voltage cause your TV’s power light to flash trouble. The responsible factors of it are:
- The power line’s a corroded or lost connection
- Faulty power circuit
- Overloading (running too many electrical appliances at a time draws huge voltage and power)
- Loose cable connection
- Obstruction in power transmission line
- Bad weather or natural factors such as lightning, thunder, heavy rains, and fallen trees.
The random voltage change or systematic variation in voltage significantly affects your Toshiba TV’s functioning, and it starts blinking 10 times.
To reduce the amplitude of voltage fluctuations, you should install dynamic voltage stabilizers. The other fixing ways are:
- Tighten the power line’s loose connection and replace the corroded connection
- Replace the bad power circuit
- Avoid using too many appliances at a time to reduce overloading
- Make sure there is no obstruction in the power transmission line
- During extreme weather conditions, keep your TV off
2. Defective Main Board
Your Toshiba TV’s motherboard captures the analog and video signals and transmits them to the T-con board by converting them into digital signals.
Now, if the main board itself is defective, it fails to convert and send the signal. And your Toshiba TV flashing light codes occur when it doesn’t receive any signal from the main circuit board. The causes of it are:
- Warped, swollen, or burned main board due to power surge
- Motherboard’s damaged, worn-out or malfunctioning internal components
- Faulty capacitors
- The broken, damaged, or the defective motherboard itself
- Loose or faulty wiring connection within the board
Check your Toshiba TV’s main board and replace it immediately if you find it faulty. The other solutions are:
- Replace the faulty or worn-out internal components inboard, bad capacitors, defective motherboard, and faulty wiring connection
- Check the main board and tighten its wiring connection.
3. Power Board Malfunction
The P-board supplies power using which your Toshiba TV operates. Now, if the board becomes faulty for any reason, then your TV will not get enough power to operate. As a result, you may experience your Toshiba fire TV’s red light blinking. The causes of it are:
- Damaged, broken, or faulty power supply board
- Faulty electrolytic capacitors
- Blown fuse
- Power outage
- Broken MLCC components
- Cracked PCBs
- Electricity frequency variation
- Damaged FETs and ICS
The fixing ways of the above difficulties are:
- Replace the defective or damaged power supply board, bad electrolytic capacitors, blown fuse, cracked PCBs, broken MLCC components, and damaged FETs and ICS.
- During a power outage or voltage variation, keep your Toshiba TV off and ensure a stable electricity supply to your TV.
- Install a voltage stabilizer to combat the electricity frequency variation
4. Faulty Cooling Fan
Your Toshiba TV’s cooling fan quietly pulls out your TV’s hot air, protects it from overheating, and ensures its proper functioning.
The defective cooling fan fails to supply proper airflow within your TV, and it is another responsible factor for your Toshiba TV error codes. The other causes are:
- Running your Toshiba TV for an extended period cause overheating
- Dirty vents
- Blocked airflow
- TV exposed to direct heat sources such as direct sunlight
- Dirt or debris build-up in the fan or dirty unit
Your Toshiba TV fan in high volume produces airflow. But when it fails to generate and supply sufficient airflow, your Toshiba TV starts blinking red light 10 times.
You will get two cooling fans near the color wheel on your Toshiba TV’s right side. First, check the fan whether these are the culprit or not. And then follow the ways to fix the above troubles.
- Avoid running your Toshiba TV for an extended period to avoid overheating
- Properly clean the vents
- Ensure proper running of airflow
- Avoid placing your TV in direct sunlight or any other heat source that can cause damage
- Remove the TV fan’s dirt or debris build-up and properly clean the dirty unit
How Do You Check Whether Your Toshiba TV’s Cooling Fan Is Working?
Before following the solutions mentioned above, you need to check whether your Toshiba TV’s cooling fan is the culprit or not. Thus you need to find out whether it is properly functioning or has stopped operating. Follow the steps below to check your Toshiba TV’s cooling fans.
- Plug your Toshiba TV into the electric outlet
- Now turn around your TV and get behind it.
- You will find the fan vents near your TV’s top at the right side corner near the color wheel.
- Now press your TV’s power button, turn it on, and try to listen, look or feel those fan vents.
- If you hear, feel, or see the fan spin gradually or briefly, that means the fans are working perfectly, and it’s not the culprit.
- But if you don’t see the spinning fan or don’t hear its sound, it means the defective cooling fans are causing this 10 times red light blinking trouble.
5. Dirty Unit
Excessive dirt or debris build-up in your Toshiba TV hinders its general functioning. And this factor is also responsible for Toshiba TV blinking red light with no picture. The dirty unit fails to receive the proper airflow or power supply due to grime accumulation in it.
As a result, your TV overheats, fails to turn on, and starts blinking red light. The accountable factors of it are:
- Not maintaining the cleaning routine regularly
- Dirt or dust builds up in the TV’s internal and external parts
- Blocked air vents hinder airflow and accumulate dirt
If your Toshiba TV starts blinking red light 10 times, first turn off your TV and properly clean it. Then power reset your TV. And addition, do the following:
- Follow a maintenance routine and properly clean your TV regularly
- Remove and clean your TV’s internal and external part’s dirt or dust build-up
- Clean the air vents blockage and ensure proper airflow
How To Power Reset Your Toshiba TV
Whenever your Toshiba TV starts blinking red light 10 times, you need to power reset it first as the first step of diagnosis. You can power reset your Toshiba TV in two ways, and the time interval is the main point of difference between these two methods.
Following the first method, the easy resetting steps are:
- Unplug your Toshiba TV for 60 seconds
- Press your TV’s Power ON button and for 30 seconds, hold it
- Release your TV’s power button. And then reconnect your TV to the electrical outlet
- Turn on your TV and check whether the reset solved the problem or not
If, after following the steps of method 1, your Toshiba TV still blinks error codes, then you should follow the second reset method. Follow the reset process below:
- Disconnect your TV’s power cord from the outlet
- Wait for 1 hour (60 minutes)
- After completing the waiting time, press and hold the power button on your TV for 60 seconds
- For another 60 seconds, constantly hold your TV’s power button and plug your TV back into the outlet
- Re-plug your Toshiba TV’s cord directly into the electric outlet to bypass the power strips and surge protector
Why does my Toshiba TV screen go black?
Plugging faulty additional devices like Roku, Chromecast, or Fire cube, defective backlight, faulty power board, loose cable, lousy power adapter, bad power supply source, and higher backlight setting is responsible for the black screen on your Toshiba TV.
Why does my Toshiba TV keep turning off?
Why does my Toshiba TV keep blinking on and off?
Your Toshiba TV keeps blinking on and off, mainly due to the loose cable connection, damaged cable connection ports, electrical interference, backlight issue, faulty power board, etc.
How do I fix my Toshiba fire TV?
Turn off your TV. Simultaneously press your TV remote’s Left, Back, and Menu buttons together and hold it for 10-12 seconds. Wait for another 10 seconds after releasing these buttons. Now remove your remote’s batteries and turn your Toshiba TV ON.
So you now know the major reasons why your Toshiba TV red light blinks 10 times and their effective solutions. Confidently, following our above guidelines, you will fix your TV’s red light blinking issue by yourself. If you fail, don’t hesitate to comment. ASAP we will give you the solutions.