Denon Receivers can manage all your audio outputs simultaneously. However, some issues like Denon Receiver turning on by itself can become frustrating.
The possible causes behind this problem are networked devices, CEC settings, unwanted IR signals, activation of Protect Mode, and so forth.
By following this article, you will be able to solve the Denon Receiver flaw. Read the entire article if you want don’t wanna get out of bed in the middle of the night!
Table of Contents
- Denon Receiver Turns On By Itself [4 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Networked Devices
- 2. CEC Settings
- 3. Unwanted IR Signals
- 4. Activation of Denon Protect Mode
- How to Reset Your Denon Receiver
- Why does your Denon receiver turn on and off?
- Is it normal for your receiver to get hot?
- What is the warranty period of Denon Receivers?
- How much ventilation does a Denon receiver need?
- How do you connect your Denon Receiver to your phone?
- Final Thoughts
Denon Receiver Turns On By Itself [4 Easy Solutions]
As you have gone through the possible reasons for the Denon AVR problem, let’s move on to the remedies real quick.
Note: You can also read how to fix Denon receiver volume changes by itself.
1. Networked Devices
You can connect your smartphones and other smart devices wirelessly with your Denon Receivers. The catch is, the receiver can detect the presence of your smart devices.
If any of your devices have Denon App running in the background or something similar, the receiver will most likely turn on. In such circumstances, you will have to eliminate the factors.
- Locate the devices that have been connected to the receiver.
- Make sure that the ‘Bluetooth’ is off in those devices if not necessary.
- Also, check if the Denon Connect App is running in the background. Close the app if necessary.
2. CEC Settings
CEC or Consumer Electronics Control allows you to control the receiver with one remote control. Any HDMI-connected device can control your Denon Receiver.
Now, if your HDMI-connected device, for example, TV, PlayStations, Xbox, or other electronics is on standby, it can activate the receiver.
To solve this problem, you will have to manually shut down the CEC settings from your device.
- Go to the settings of your TV or your device. And go to the ‘HDMI Settings’.
- Search for CEC settings. Turn off the CEC if it is turned on.
- Now, go to the settings of your Denon Receiver and turn off the CEC and ARC settings.
3. Unwanted IR Signals
Your Denon Receiver can get triggered if you have accidentally used the remote. Now, in most cases, users have reported pets accidentally pressing the remote controls.
In such cases, the Denon receiver turns on and off by itself. However, in another scenario, matching IR signals can also turn on the receiver by itself.
- Keep your remote controls in safe and isolated places when not in use.
- Make sure that the window curtains are pulled before going to bed.
- Do not keep other appliances with IR blasters in the same room.
4. Activation of Denon Protect Mode
Now, Denon Protect Mode is designed to be a safety feature for your receivers. It will turn on once the receiver senses any sort of malfunction in the thermal sensors.
In most cases, a dead sort in the speakers can trigger this safety feature. Once the feature is on, the display panel will start flashing ‘Protect’.
- Now, the remedy to this problem is to find the cause and eliminate the threat.
- Closely monitor all your connections and speakers. Usually, when a speaker is dead, it will not work or will start buzzing. Fix that by taking it to a technician.
- Even after fixing the problem, if your receiver malfunctions again, contact customer support for further help.
How to Reset Your Denon Receiver
In many incidents, you might need to reset your Denon receiver. Follow this simple step-by-step guide to reset your Denon Receiver.
- Turn off your Denon Receiver using the remote or the power button. Using the remote control may only take the receiver to stand by. So, use the power off control Denon button.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Info’, ‘Back’, and the Power button simultaneously.
- After a while, the display will start flashing in an interval of a second. If the display doesn’t start flashing, restart the resetting process from the first step.
- After resetting the Denon receiver, turn it back on. You will have to reconfigure your devices again after a reset.
Why does your Denon receiver turn on and off?
Your Denon receiver turns on and then shuts off for several reasons. If a connected device or your smartphone is within the range, it will turn on the receiver. Once the device goes to standby, the receiver will shut down again.
Is it normal for your receiver to get hot?
Yes, it is normal for your Denon receiver to get hot. However, it will not affect the functionality of your receiver.
What is the warranty period of Denon Receivers?
Denon receivers come with a warranty of 2 years.
How much ventilation does a Denon receiver need?
As the cooling fans are installed on both sides and the air vent is located on the top, your Denon receiver will require airway clearance of at least 5 inches on the top and 2 inches on the sides.
How do you connect your Denon Receiver to your phone?
Go to the Bluetooth connection option of your phone and search for nearby Bluetooth devices. Make sure that the Denon AVR receiver is turned on. You will find the receiver. Simply pair and enjoy.
As you have approached the end of the discussion, you can now solve your ‘Denon Receiver turns on by itself’ problem all by yourself. Share this article with your friends and family.
Lastly, if you are facing other problems related to your Denon Receiver, make sure to reach out in the comment section down below. Our experts are always here for your assistance.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.