Panasonic TV blinking red light 2 times is a tiresome issue that mainly occurs for a faulty D board. Due to loss of P15V or for missing P15V on the P board red light blinking 2 times occurs. The blinking starts for the wrong diagnostic of the D board.
In the case of a defective power board, the Panasonic TV starts blinking red light 2 times. When the problem occurs on your Panasonic TV, quickly perform a power cycle on your TV. It can easily resolve the red light blinking 2 times in most cases.
Today in this article we are going to discuss all the causing reasons & the solutions as well. So, keep an eye out for our comprehensive article to know further about it in detail.
Table of Contents
- Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 2 Times [5 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Power Cycle The Panasonic TV
- 2. Poor Ventilation
- 3. Factory Reset The Panasonic TV
- 4. Faulty D Board
- 5. Defective Power Board
- Why is my Panasonic TV blinking orange?
- How do I get my Panasonic smart TV out of safe mode?
- What is panel maintenance on a Panasonic TV?
- Final Thoughts
Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 2 Times [5 Easy Solutions]
To get the Panasonic TV red light blinking 2 times troubleshooting methods, be with us till the end.
Note: You can also read how to fix Panasonic TV blinking red light problem.
1. Power Cycle The Panasonic TV
To resolve any problem related to the TV, a power reset can prove to be an efficient method to get free from the issue. This process will drain out all the extra powers of the TV that can create issues for the TV.
So, you can consider the power reset as Panasonic TV red light blinking 2 times quick fix.
- Switch off the TV & disconnect both sides of the power cord.
- Let it remain unplugged for about 10 minutes.
- Press & hold the power button of your TV for about 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord of your TV.
- Make sure all the HDMI cables are in fine condition without any defects. If you find any damage to the cables, repair or replace the cables with high-quality cables.
- Also, connect the cables to other ports. Because the ports can probably cause the issue.
2. Poor Ventilation
At times, due to poor ventilation of your TV, Panasonic plasma TV blinking red light 2 times can also occur.
When there is dust or grime on the vents/ slots or the fans of the TV are dirty, the air can’t ventilate properly and starts blinking 2 times.
So, in the case of the Panasonic TV’s red light blinking 2 times not turning on, attempt a cleaning process on the TV to see if it can resolve the issue.
- Check the vents or the slots of the TV if they’re dirty or clogged, causing the TV to overheat.
- Clean the vents/slots with a soft clean cloth. Try to avoid using any liquids that can harm your Panasonic TV.
- Also, clean the fans of your TV if they are dirty.
- Take the TV from the pedestal & lay it down on the ground over its face protected by a towel or something safe.
- Remove the back panel of your TV by carefully removing the screws.
- Now clean the fans of your TV using rubbing alcohol. Hopefully, this cleaning can resolve the Panasonic TV’s red light flashing 2 times.
- Remove all the things around your TV that can cause an overheating of your TV.
3. Factory Reset The Panasonic TV
While facing the Panasonic TV red light blinking 2 times and won’t turn on, perform a factory reset of your TV to resolve the issue.
Factory reset is that process that clears all the settings of the TV, including the wrong ones that can cause the 2 times red light to blink on your Panasonic TV.
In most cases, a reset on your Panasonic TV back to factory default solved the problem. So, if the issue persists, follow the below steps to perform a hard reset on your TV.
- Turn off your TV.
- Unplug the power cord of your TV & press & hold the [Power] button and the [Volume Down] button simultaneously.
- While holding the buttons, plug the power cord into the electric socket.
- Keep holding the buttons until you see the erasing screen show up on the TV.
- Now see if this factory reset process can resolve the blinking 2 times issue of the Panasonic TV.
4. Faulty D Board
Panasonic TV blinking red light 2 times keeps turning off mainly due to a faulty D board. Usually, a protection circuit is incorporated into the unit to prevent the failure of the circuit or the components.
When there is a high voltage, a short, or a drop of any voltage lines, a shutdown condition occurs on the Panasonic TV. When an abnormality occurs, the defective block can be identified by the number of blinks of the power LED in front of the TV.
In case when IC9003 on the D board detects any problem, it makes the power LED blink 2 times. Pin 62 of the IC9003 monitors the 15V line.
Usually, pin 62 is kept high. If the 15V line is shorted or missing out, there is a low supply on pin 62. As a result, the Panasonic TV’s red light blinking 2 times occurs.
- Open the back panel of your Panasonic TV.
- On the P board, find out if 15V is output at pin 1 of connector P7.
- Check the resistance between pin 1 and the chassis.
- If you find a shorted 15V, find out if it is coming from the P board or from any other board.
- If you find the P board is fine, disconnect all the connectors of all the boards that are supplying 15V on the P board.
- When you find the defective board that connects to the P board, you’ll get the Panasonic TV blinking red light 2 times fix.
- If the D board is faulty or can’t be repaired, replace the D board to resolve the issue.
5. Defective Power Board
A defective power board can be another reason for 2 times blinking on the Panasonic TV. When the power board detects any issue or the power board is out of its function, the 2 times red light blinking may occur on your TV.
Check out the power board and its components of it if any of them or the whole board is damaged.
- To check the power board of your Panasonic TV, unscrew the back panel of it & remove the panel.
- Check the voltage of the power board using a multimeter.
- Using a multimeter, check the voltage of the components of the power board according to your service manual or according to the voltage written on the board.
- If you find any faulty components, repair those.
- Replace or repair the power board depends on the damage. if the board can’t be repaired, replace the board with a new one.
- Place the new one in its place and connect all the connectors properly.
- Now screw the back panel and turn on your TV to see if it can resolve the issue.
- Before screwing your TV, double-check everything to see if you have connected all things properly.
- Contact the Panasonic service center if you need any help. They’ll identify the exact issue occurring on your TV and can provide you with better suggestions.
Why is my Panasonic TV blinking orange?
A solid orange blinking on your Panasonic TV means the Sleep Timer has been set on the TV & it has turned on. When the Sleep Timer is enabled on your Panasonic TV, the TV will shut down in a set amount of time.
How do I get my Panasonic smart TV out of safe mode?
Restart your TV to do so. Press [Home] and then [Settings]. Now select [Device Preferences] & the [About]. Select [Restart] to restart your TV.
What is panel maintenance on a Panasonic TV?
Panel maintenance is something that performs maintenance to prevent image retention on the panel. So, you should set it on.
Today in this short but informative article, we’ve discussed all Panasonic TV red lights blinking 2 times as well as the detailed solutions to this issue.
We hope that nothing is left behind to know about this 2 times blinking to resolve it. Still, if you need to ask anything about this, just inform us without any second thought. We’ll try our best to help you absolutely & entirely.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.