Certainly, most Mitsubishi users have a common query on how to reset a Mitsubishi TV. A reset on the TV will effectively work when you are trying to resolve the software issues.
Sometimes, it is needed after an unsuccessful troubleshooting process. Anyway, before replacing the TV, you can fix the TV issue by attempting a reset on this.
There are several resetting methods that can be performed in different troubleshooting situations. Go through our comprehensive article to get a well-proven guide on this fact.
Table of Contents
How To Reset A Mitsubishi TV [7 Easy Methods]
You’ll find every single step with tips related to resetting factors of Mitsubishi TV in just one article. So just keep scrolling.
Note: You can also read Mitsubishi TV troubleshooting no picture.
1. Audio/Video Reset Mitsubishi TV
In most cases, you may face different problems with audio or video while operating your Mitsubishi TV.
There may have several circumstances that create malfunctions on the TV audio or video. A hard reset on the specific function will effectively work.
In short, just by audio or video reset, you can get back to the factory defaults of your audio or video. Anyway, if you are wondering how to reset my Mitsubishi TV audio or video, follow the below steps.
How To Reset A Mitsubishi HD 1080 TV Audio/Video
- First, open the front panel of your TV.
- This time, press the ‘Guide’ and ‘Format’ buttons. It’ll restore all the factory default settings of the audio or video menu.
- Now go to the ‘Main Menu.
- In order to reset at one time, select ‘Audio/Video Menu.’
- Now select ‘A/V Memory Reset.’ From here, you can choose the settings of audio/video to reset whatever you want.
- As soon as you select your setting, it’ll do an audio/video reset at once.
2. Reset Mitsubishi TV With Remote:
Reset is one of the best methods to erase all the unresponsive factors from your Mitsubishi TV, which is leading to your TV not working well.
A perfect reset can easily remove all the errors in settings, and your TV will work just perfectly. Now, if your question is how do I reset my Mitsubishi TV, the answer is just by your remote.
How To Reset A Mitsubishi DLP TV With A Remote
- First, take your Mitsubishi TV remote
- Now press the ‘INPUT’ and ‘VOL’ buttons at the same time. Hold it for 10 seconds.
- This will reset your Mitsubishi TV and will remove all the errors from your TV.
3. System Reset The Mitsubishi TV
In many cases, The TV catches several bugs in the software. Even many times, we can’t figure out the actual reasons and how to fix them.
A system rest will prove well in this situation which can be done without using the remote.
When you think of resetting your TV without remote, questions may arise in your mind about how to reset your Mitsubishi TV remote. It’s an easy process to be done.
How To Reset Mitsubishi TV Without Remote
- Push the front panel of your TV and pull the corner gently to open it.
- You’ll find the system reset button Mitsubishi TV on the front panel. Now press the ‘System Reset’ button by using a sharp object.
- Wait for about 60 seconds until the green light faded away.
- Once the green light stops flashing, turn on your TV as usual. That’s it.
4. Reset Mitsubishi TV After Bulb Replacement
DLP bulb is an essential part of Mitsubishi TV as it’s the main source of light. It comes with 5000 hours lifespan. Once it spends its lifespan, it needs replacement.
However, even after replacement, it won’t start working automatically and it needs to reset.
How To Reset Mitsubishi TV After Bulb Replacement
- First turn on the TV
- Now check on the screen whether ‘Please replace lamp’ appears or not
- Once it appears, you have to select the ‘Enter’ or ‘Yes’ option.
- Now go to the ‘MENU.’
- Select the ‘Low Reminder.’
- Press the ‘ENTER’ button. You have to press it twice
- You are all done. Now turn off your TV.
5. Reset Mitsubishi TV Projector Lamp
Usually, the Mitsubishi TV lamp projector has a limited life duration. After a limited period of time, it starts showing malfunctions. Either the TV will not show any pictures, or the TV will go black.
Whatever the situation is, you have to go through the lamp reset or the lamp timer reset to correct all the issues.
Anyway, many users still wonder about how to reset the Mitsubishi TV lamp. We have included all the steps to do this.
How To Reset 65 Inches Mitsubishi Projection TV Lamp
- First switch on the projector’s main switch
- Now take your remote.
- Hold down the ‘ARROW RIGHT’ and ‘ARROW LEFT’ buttons as well as the ‘POWER’ button at the same time.
- Wait for 3 seconds.
- As soon as the status indicator blinks twice, release the button.
- The TV projector lamp has reset.
- In order to reset the lamp timer, turn on the projector
- Press the ‘MENU’ and select ‘RESET’ from the menu. Now press ‘ENTER.’
- Select the lamp hours and enter it
- Now it’ll ask if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select ‘YES’ and ‘Enter’ it.
- Press ‘Esc’ to exit.
6. Power Reset Mitsubishi TV After Power Surge
When there is a sudden burst in the electrical energy supply, your TV automatically shuts down due to safety issues. Further, there may create various issues relating to a power surge.
You can easily reset your Mitsubishi TV that is showing malfunctions due to a power surge. In the following steps, you can get a better understanding of how do you reset a Mitsubishi TV after a power surge.
How To Reset Mitsubishi Unison TV After A Power Surge
- Unplug the power cord of the electrical connection
- On the back of the TV, you will find the ‘Ant’ or the ‘Coax’ port
- From there, you will see the ‘Cable Box’ or the ‘Satellite Receiver’ attached with a cord cable.
- Unscrew the cord cable
- Now plug the power cord back into the outlet
- Turn on the TV and open the front panel
- Press the ‘MENU’ button
- Now select ‘Settings’ or ‘System settings.’
- Go to the ‘Options’ and select ‘Factory Reset’ or ‘Factory Default’ option
- I’ll ask for your confirmation. Select ‘Yes’ and then ‘Enter.’
- Now turn off your TV
- Reattach the port cable that you removed earlier from the TV once the TV returns to the main menu screen
7. Factory Data Reset Mitsubishi TV
If you have done a power reset, and your TV malfunctioning still persists, you should try to perform a factory data reset.
A factory data reset will delete all of your data and settings on your TV, like Wi-Fi settings and network setting information. It’ll also reset all the log-in information and all the installed apps from Google Play Store. By this, the TV will be set up new.
How To Factory Reset Mitsubishi TV
- Take your remote and press the ‘Quick Setting’ button.
- Then select the ‘Settings’ option
- It’ll show the ‘System’ option. Select it.
- Now press the ‘About’ and then the ‘Reset’ options.
- Select the ‘Factory data reset.
- If you have set a code on your TV, you have to input it for a factory data reset.
- Once the factory data reset is done, your TV will start the initial setup.
Where is the reset button on a Mitsubishi Television?
Locate the Mitsubishi TV reset button on the TV front panel. After opening the front panel, you will find a button. Press it using a sharp object. Then, the resetting process will start.
Why won’t my Mitsubishi TV turn on?
Fluctuating in the power supply can be the leading reason behind this. Do a power reset by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Then, go through several fixes like blown capacitors, defective remote, wrong input connection, bad wiring, and so on.
Why is my Mitsubishi TV screen black?
Defects in the DLP lamp are the root reason behind the TV going black continuously. Either the lamp is not fitted properly in the box, or it may be burned out. Do a concentration on the power supply as well.
Hopefully, now you know all the necessary steps to reset the Mitsubishi TV in all ways. We can expect you can perform all the resetting steps as your TV needs.
Still, if you have any queries regarding any of the facts above, don’t hesitate to let us know through comments. Our expert team will rectify your queries.