Read through our comprehensive, exclusive guide to learn about how to turn on Dynex TV without a remote. If your TV remote is not functioning, press the button for turning on your TV.
The other alternative ways to turn on the TV without a remote include using a console device or via Dynex remote control app. Also, you may use a programmed cable box remote or universal remote in this fact.
How To Turn On Dynex TV Without Remote [5 Easy Styps]
Here, we have discussed all possible ways to turn on the TV without a remote. So, don’t skip a single step from below:
1. Use The TV’s Power Button
If your TV is not turning on via the remote control, the power button of your TV will be the first option. Every TV model features a power button. The button is looked like a small, circular shape, and a line may go through it.
In the various model, the button is located in several places. Like the bottom right of the TV, the top left of the TV, or the bottom left of the TV.
Here is a thing, you will not only turn the tv on through it but also turn it off. Follow the below instructions to get more details:
- Before locating the power button, ensure that there has a good power supply on the TV. For this, check out the cable connection and the power adapter. Your TV should be connected to a secured power connection.
- Now locate the power button. You may read through the user’s manual of your TV model.
- Once you have found the power button, press it for about 5 seconds.
- Your TV should be turned on. Press the power button again if the tv will not turn on.
2. Using The Console Device
This method will be highly effective if your TV’s power button is not working or has broken. It is the best recommendation as an alternative to the power button. If your TV is connected to a console device, you can turn on the TV by it.
Basically, the console device is connected through an HDMI cable. But you need to link your TV with the HDMI device link. Here is the way that you may follow:
- Before starting the tv, you have to make sure that the power link feature of the TV is enabled.
- For this, connect the HDMI devices with a different TV unit.
- Now go to “Settings” and then go to “System.”
- Find out the feature of HDMI Device Link there. Enable the checkbox.
- Now, plug the console into the TV that you want to turn on.
- Finally, turn on the console, and your tv will turn on simultaneously
- Also, the TV will turn off by switching off the console. You may change the input to the source of the TV.
3. Via Dynex Remote Control App
Now let’s talk about the most popular way to control the TV nowadays. It may wonder you that you can use your smartphone to turn on and off the tv if you are not using the TV’s remote. Almost all smart TV brands have apps available on the play store.
You will find universal tv remote application, which is designed by Illusions and has all functionality that an original remote control can perform.
Once you have installed the app, you can easily build a secure connection between the TV and your smartphone. Follow the below steps:
- Find out the app from the google play store.
- Once you have found the application, download and install it on your device.
- Then, configure it in this Dynex Remote Control App with your Dynex Device.
- The application needs a built-in IR transmitter or external infrared to control your Dynex TV. So make sure that your phone has an IR blaster.
4. Turn On TV Using Universal Remote Control
The good things thing is that you can even operate your TV using a universal remote control. But here is a condition is that the remote should be programmed with your TV’s model.
It has almost all the features which your TV’s remote has and also can perform all the functions. So, this remote can be a good alternative in case your actual TV’s remote got defective.
- First, hold the “Program” button on your remote.
- Once you see glowing light or buttons flashing on the remote, it indicates that your remote is ready to be programmed.
- Then, press the “TV” button and enter the code from your remote’s manual.
- Finally, press the “Program” to confirm. After programming the remote, you can easily control your TV through it.
5. By A Cable Box Remote
You can turn on and operate your TV using your cable box remote as well. But for this, the remote should be programmed with your TV model.
Once you have programmed the remote, you can easily turn on the TV using it. If you are wondering about the process to program the cable box remote, follow the below steps:
- First, press and hold the “TV” button on the cable remote control.
- When the TV button starts flashing light, press the power button from the top of the remote. Make sure your TV is turned on this time.
- Next, press the up arrow button on the remote control, repeatedly pointing to the TV.
- Your TV will turn on while pressing it.
- Press ok to restore the program.
- Now, your TV is programmed with the cable remote, and you can turn on the TV using it.
How do I reset my Dynex TV?
First, unplug the TV from the power connection. Leave it for about 5-10 minutes and turn it on. You can reset the TV by holding down the menu and power button on the remote.
How do I troubleshoot a Dynex TV?
In this case, check out the power supply first. Also, verify the cable connection and all visible wires. You may need to replace the capacitors if there are severe problems.
Hopefully, now you know all the corrective approaches to turning on the TV without using the TV’s remote. We can expect each step has proved well and you don’t have to trouble anymore if your Dynex TV remote is not functioning.
Don’t forget to share your valuable thoughts regarding this guide. Also, if you have any queries about this, leave a comment below. We will reply to you ASAP.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.