As the Panasonic TVs have built-in circuits for fault diagnostics, whenever an abnormality occurs on the TV, the protection circuit operates and resets to standby mode. The number of blinks represents the exact error on the TV.
Panasonic TV blinking red light 3 times occurs for over-current or over-voltage protection. When there is an interrupted boot program caused by the A board, the TV starts blinking 3 times.
Due to 3.3V SOS on the D board or missing voltage on the P board, the situation occurs. As the over-voltage condition can occur for short circuits located on the AP board, A board, or the LCD panel, these boards can be the reason behind the 3-blink issue on the Panasonic TV.
Restart your TV to check if it can resolve the issue. If not, you may need further action. So, to know in detail, keep an eye out for the article.
Table of Contents
- Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 3 Times [7 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Restart The Panasonic TV
- 2. Inoperative Remote Control
- 3. Reset Back To Factory Default
- 4. Faulty A board
- 5. Defective D Board Or The P board
- 6. Over Voltage On AP Board
- 7. LCD Panel Malfunctioning
- Why is my TV blinking red and not turning on?
- Is there a reset button on my Panasonic smart TV?
- How do I get my Panasonic TV off standby without a remote?
- Final Verdicts
Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 3 Times [7 Easy Solutions]
If you want to know why Panasonic TVs keep flashing red, read through the whole article without missing any aspect.
Note: You can also read how to fix Panasonic TV blinking red light 2 times.
1. Restart The Panasonic TV
In case of resolving the Panasonic LED TV blinking red light 3 times, restart your TV. Restarting the TV will cycle the power in it, which can help to fix the issue occurring on your TV.
After restarting your TV, if your Panasonic TV turns on without blinking, you’ve managed to fix the issue with some easy steps.
- First, try to turn the TV on with the [Standby] button on the remote as the TV can still be in standby mode.
- If the TV doesn’t switch on, turn the TV off and remove all the cables of your TV from both sides.
- Also, remove all the external devices & accessories.
- Let the TV remain unplugged for at least one minute.
- Check the cables if they’re all in working condition or have no damage. If you find any defects, repair or replace them.
- If your TV has a lamp, let it cool down. Ensure a snug connection between the lamp & the TV and also ensure the lamp door is closed properly.
- After one minute, plug back in the power cord without connecting any other cables & the devices.
2. Inoperative Remote Control
In some cases of Panasonic red light blinking 3 times, an inoperative remote control can be behind this.
If the remote control fails to send the proper signal to the TV, the TV remains black screen & sometimes blinks.
- Remove the batteries from your remote control.
- Press & hold the power button of your remote for 15 seconds.
- Place back the batteries & turn on the TV with the remote and then without the remote with the power button located on the side of your TV.
- If your TV turns on without a remote, there can be an issue with the remote. Either the batteries are dead or there is any internal damage.
- Change the batteries first. If it can’t resolve the issue, look for the repair or the replacement of the remote control. Take it to the retailer or the service center.
3. Reset Back To Factory Default
A reset process to back your TV factory default can sometimes resolve the Panasonic TV red light blinking 3 times.
Factory reset will clear all the data & the setting of your TV and can resolve the blinking problem. It’ll take back your TV like a new one the day you purchased it.
- For a factory reset on your Panasonic TV, unplug your TV.
- Press the [Power] button & the [Volume Down] button. Hold both buttons at a time.
- While holding both buttons, plug back your TV.
- Release the buttons when you see your Panasonic TV logo on your screen.
- After factory reset your TV, set the initial steps of your TV.
4. Faulty A board
Panasonic TV won’t turn on the red light blinks 3 times due to a faulty A board. As we mentioned above, when the Panasonic TV has incomplete or interrupted boot program execution, the Panasonic TV starts blinking 3 times.
If this is the case, you have to check the A board if this is faulty. The ICs that trigger the 3 blinks code are all located on the A board. So, when you’re facing the issue, check the A board if there is any overvoltage or short out or any bad ICs.
- Open the back panel of your TV.
- Remove the other boards one after one except the A board to determine which board is creating the issue.
- If the blinking 3 times persist after removing the boards or you can’t find any relation of the other board behind the issue, then the faulty board is the A board.
- Using a multimeter measure, the output from the power board to the A board to see if there is any voltage missing or any voltage required.
- To the main CPU on the A board, check the regulators if it’s getting 3.3V from the power board.
- Now take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
5. Defective D Board Or The P board
Red light blinking 3 times on Panasonic TV occurs for a defective D board or the P board.
If there is 3.3V SOS on the D board or there is any missing voltage on the P board or any shorted out, the Panasonic TV starts blinking 3 times & indicates the issue on the unit.
- After removing the back panel of your TV, check the connectors & the pins of the P board and the D board.
- Check if 12V is present on pin1 of connector P25 on the P board. If this volt isn’t present there, replace the P board.
- If the volt is present there, check if 5V is present on the pin5 of connector P25 on the P board. In case of this volt is present on the P board, replace the D board.
- Again, you have to replace the P board if the voltage is missing on pin5.
- Check if there is a shorted P15V.
- On the D board, check if there is any shorted or missing 3.3V.
- After diagnosing the exact issue, repair or replace the D board or the P board.
6. Over Voltage On AP Board
Panasonic plasma TV blinking red light 3 times can also occur for an overvoltage on the AP board.
Due to over-voltage conditions in the DC supplies of the AP board, three blinks on the LED happen. In this case, the AP board requires services.
Check the AP board if the board is creating the Panasonic TV flashing red 3 times.
- Unscrew the back panel of your TV. Remove the back panel.
- Locate the AP board on the back of your TV.
- Use an ohm-meter and peak hold voltmeter to determine the cause of the shutdown. If there is an over-voltage condition, it’s definitely a defect on the AP board.
- Determine the defect on it and take the initial steps to resolve it.
- You may need the help of experts who can easily identify the issue on your TV and resolve the blinking 3 times issue.
7. LCD Panel Malfunctioning
A malfunctioning LCD panel can also cause the Panasonic Viera TV to blink red light 3 times.
A faulty LCD panel can create an issue on the unit that can make the Panasonic TV start blinking.
There can also be an over-voltage condition due to a short circuit located on the LCD panel. Check the LCD panel out if the TV is still blinking 3 times.
- Open the panel of your TV.
- Look through the panel if it has any shorts out. Measure the voltage according to what is written on the panel.
- If the initial voltage is missing or there is any short out, repair the LCD panel.
- In the case of out-of-panel repair, replace the LCD panel to resolve the blinking problem on your Panasonic TV.
Why is my TV blinking red and not turning on?
In this case, the red-light blinking means that the TV is getting too much or too little electricity. If there is a power surge or the power supply is faulty, you face the situation.
Is there a reset button on my Panasonic smart TV?
Press the [MENU] button & select [Setup]. Press [OK] and choose [Reset to Defaults]. Press [OK] now.
How do I get my Panasonic TV off standby without a remote?
Turn on/off your TV with the control buttons on your Panasonic TV. These buttons are usually on the left side or on the back of the TV.
That’s all! After reading this short but efficient article, hopefully, no further discussion is required about the Panasonic TV red light blinking 3 times.
We expect that you can now troubleshoot your TV like a pro. If still, you have any queries about this matter, inform us without any second thought. We’ll try to reach you ASAP.