All Panasonic TVs have a built-in self-diagnosis circuit. When an abnormality occurs in the unit, the “SOS Detect” circuit is triggered, and the Panasonic TV shuts down. The power LED light on the front panel will flash in a pattern indicating the circuit has failed on the unit.
Panasonic TV blinking red light 9 times is the error indication code of Panel Configuration SOS. In this case, the most common failure is the A board. The 9-blink code is also the error code of Discharged control SOS- D board.
When there is any malfunctioning on the A board, or there is a defective D board, it makes the TV blinks 9-times.
If the power LED continues to blink, perform a soft reset on the TV. If this can’t solve the issue, some steps require the removal of connectors and sometimes the boards’ removal. So, to get into the details, check out our comprehensive article.
Table of Contents
- Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 9 Times [5 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Soft Reset On The Panasonic TV
- 2. Faulty Wiring Connections
- 3. Factory Reset On The Panasonic TV
- 4. Malfunctioning A Board
- 5. Defective D Board
- How do I force the Panasonic TV to reset?
- Why will my Panasonic TV not turn on?
- Can I turn on a Panasonic TV without the remote?
- Final Thoughts
Panasonic TV Blinking Red Light 9 Times [5 Easy Solutions]
If you’re searching for how do I fix 9-times blinking Panasonic TVs, then this small guide is for you. Here, we will discuss how to detect as well as find out the cause for the fault to occur and solve the problem.
Note: You can also read how to fix the Panasonic tv blinking red light 8 times.
1. Soft Reset On The Panasonic TV
A soft reset is a process where it shuts down the TV completely and reboots it, rather than placing the TV only in standby mode. In this process, it drains out all the extra power remaining on your TV.
Resolving the Panasonic TV power light blinking 9 times can be as easy as a soft reset. Because the issue can be not much more than an extra dwelling power on the unit.
So, when you are facing an issue on the unit, first attempt the power reset on your TV and see if this easy fix can resolve the blinking problem.
- Turn your Panasonic TV off.
- Disconnect the power cord of your TV for a maximum of about 60 seconds.
- Press the power button located on your TV for about 30 seconds.
- Now turn the TV on & see if the TV starts or stops blinking.
- If not, again turn off your TV & remove all the external devices and the accessories connected to your TV.
- Remove all the cable connections of your TV from both sides as well.
- Now leave your TV remaining without power for about 10-15 minutes.
- After that time, only connect the power cord of your TV. Don’t connect any external devices or accessories, as any malfunctions from these devices can make your Panasonic TV blink 9 times.
- Now check if your TV turns on now.
2. Faulty Wiring Connections
Faulty wiring connections can be the other possible reason for Panasonic plasma TV’s red-light blinking 9 times. When there is a bad or damaged wire connected to your TV, the TV can’t get enough power to turn on. The same goes for loose connections.
Grim or dust on the vents or slots can also be a reason. In case due to overheating, the Panasonic TV goes to the self-diagnosis functions and can blink 9 times.
So, these are the matters to be also considered to resolve the Panasonic Viera red light blinking 9 times.
- Disconnect the cables of your Panasonic TV. Now check the cables if there are any visual damages on them.
- If there is any fault with the cables, repair the damaged ones.
- If needed, replace the bad cables with high-quality new ones.
- Also, check if there is any dust or debris on the ports. Clean the ports if those are grimy.
- Clean the vents or slots of the Panasonic TV to eliminate the chance of overheating, creating the 9-times blinking issue on the Panasonic TV.
- Clean the fans of your TV as well.
- Connect the cables of your Panasonic TV to different ports. While connecting the power cord, avoid using power surges or power strips.
- Ensure all the connections of your TV are snug.
- Look through your remote control also. Check if the batteries are dead or if the batteries are in the correct direction.
- If the batteries are dead, replace the dead batteries with new ones.
3. Factory Reset On The Panasonic TV
While resolving the technical issues related to the TV like Panasonic Viera flashing red light 9 times, a factory reset can be an effective method.
The factory reset cleans out all the data and information of your TV and gets your TV back to factory default.
Hopefully, this process will help your Panasonic TV to function back to normal without blinking 9-times. Check the process as follows.
- Detach the power cord of your Panasonic TV from the wall outlet.
- Now, look at the built-in buttons on the TV set. You’ll see certain functional buttons.
- Among those, press the [Power] button & the [Volume Down] button at a time.
- Plug back your TV while holding down the buttons & keep holding until you see the Panasonic TV logo on the screen.
- If this process works out, your TV will turn on without a blinking red light.
- If not, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
4. Malfunctioning A Board
As we have seen from the very above section, the Panasonic TV red light flashing 9 times is the error indication code of Panel Configuration SOS. In this matter, the A board is related to making the Panasonic TV red light blink 9 times.
The 9-times blinking code is the most common failure of the A board. This fault is usually generated by the communication error between panel MPU and SYS-MPU from the A board. This issue is primarily caused by the ICs that are located on the A board.
The other indication code of the 9 blinks is the Sound SOS. When there is a short circuit in the audio output circuit or on the audio peripheral of the unit, the TV starts blinking 9-times. This audio output circuit is also located on the A board.
In such cases, depending upon the origin of the fault, either a replacement of the components on the A board might be required. Otherwise, simply repairing the unit can also be done to fix the issue.
- Open the back panel of your TV by unscrewing the back of your Panasonic TV.
- Check through the A board. Look for short-out ICs or the components on the A board.
- You have to confirm the status of the audio output circuit or the speakers also.
- If the speakers are defective, perform a replacement of the speakers with a new one.
- If the repair can’t resolve the blinking issue, you may have to replace the A board.
- Before replacing the A board, turn off your TV and unplug it from the power.
- Ensure you have grounded properly so that you don’t damage any of the boards or the TV.
- Now disconnect all the cables and the ribbon cables gently from the faulty A board.
- After removing the cables, remove all the screws that are holding the A board to the chassis.
- Now lift off the board.
- Get a new board and reattach it to the TV. Put the replacement board back into the metal piece and also reattach back the cables and the ribbon cables.
- There you go. Now just put the back cover of your TV. Before it, double-check everything.
5. Defective D Board
In some Panasonic TV models, the Panasonic TV 9 blinks as the error indication code of the Discharge Control SOS, and the D board is suspected.
In case there is a fault on the D board or if the D board no longer functions well, the Panasonic TV goes to the self-diagnosis function and blinks 9 times.
So, to resolve the issue on the unit, you may also go through the D board.
- Disconnect the AC power before making any disconnection on the boards of the Panasonic TV.
- First, reinsert/ reconnect the flat cables of the D board to refresh the connectors.
- If it doesn’t fix the issue, you have to replace the D board on the unit.
- Disconnect all the cables and the ribbon cables of the D board.
- Pull out the faulty D board and its place and install the replacement D board.
- Before buying a new board, match the model number of the board of the TV.
- Put back everything once the replacement is done.
How do I force the Panasonic TV to reset?
From the Menu, select [Setup] and press [OK]. Now select [System] and then choose [Factory Default]. Press [Yes] and confirm it to reset your Panasonic TV.
Why will my Panasonic TV not turn on?
When there is any fault in the power cable of your Panasonic TV, the Panasonic TV can’t turn on. In case the dead batteries of your remote can’t let your Panasonic TV turn on.
Can I turn on a Panasonic TV without the remote?
You can turn on the Panasonic TV using the built-in power button on the unit. You can locate the buttons on the back or the side of the Panasonic TV, depending on your TV model.
That’s it! Let’s conclude the article about Panasonic TV blinking red light 9-times. Hope you will find our article informative enough while troubleshooting your Panasonic TV.
If you have any more queries related to the problem, inform us without any delay. We will try to get to you as soon as possible.