Your Toshiba TV power light blinking red, green, blue, orange, and yellow at different numbers mainly because of the faulty main board, lousy power board, defective internal components, or hardware failure.
Also, the other responsible factors are a faulty cooling fan, outdated firmware, power circuit board malfunction, defective video signal board, and many more.
You need to Power reset your Toshiba TV to fix its power light blinking issue. If the resetting process fails to solve it, then you should replace your TV’s defective main board, power supply board, cooling fan, video signal board, and power circuit board.
Defining the detailed causes and solutions of each power light flashing trouble, in short, is not possible. Thus go through the following detailed explanation, and you will surely learn the A-Z details of this hitch.
Table of Contents
Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking [Solved]
Whether your Toshiba TV power light blinks red, green, blue, yellow, or orange, all these color flashing means the fault indication in your TV.
However, the causes and solutions are different for each color power light flashing depending on how many times they blink. So let’s discuss in detail:
Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking
Toshiba TV won’t turn on red light blinking is the most common power light blinking issue. When the TV’s stand light flashes red, your TV will not turn on.
Due to different reasons, Toshiba TV’s red power light blinks several times. Below we explained the factors responsible for flashing red lights numerous times.
1. Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 3 Times
Your Toshiba TV fails to turn on when its red power light blinks 3 times. Your TV’s faulty hardware or outdated software could cause this dispute. The leading factors responsible for it are:
- Failed hardware in TV
- Malfunctioning power board
- Defective motherboard
- Outdated firmware
- The faulty power supply unit
After plugging your Toshiba TV into the outlet, if you see it is not turning on and flashing 3 times the red light, first you should power reset your TV. If this solution doesn’t work to fix it, you should follow the solving ways below:
- Replace the TV’s damaged or failed hardware, faulty power board, malfunctioning main board, and defective power supply unit
- Update the firmware
For comprehensive detail you can check Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 3 Times.
2. Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 5 Times
When your Toshiba TV starts flashing red light 5 times, your TV will not start. Or if it is turned on, it will shut down by itself after a few seconds. The power light blinking 5 times means the following factors create disputes within your TV.
- Internal hardware defects
- Bad power supply
- Defective main board
- Different power events
- Malfunctioning power board
To fix your Toshiba TV’s 5 times red light flashing troubles do the following:
- Check the internal hardware in the TV, whether they are damaged, corrupted, melted, or burnt, and replace or repair them.
- Inspect your TV’s power supply cord and board and make sure these are functioning well
- Replace the malfunctioning main board and faulty power board
- Keep your TV off during numerous events such as power surges, power outages, or voltage fluctuations.
To know more go through the article Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 5 Times
3. Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 8 Times
After blinking the red lights 8 times, your Toshiba TV fails to function properly mainly due to the following reasons:
- Power supply failure
- Open internal fuse
- Bad power supply board in TV
To get rid of all these above difficulties, do the following:
- Replace the faulty power supply unit and power board in the TV
- Make sure your Toshiba TV’s internal fuses are close
4. Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 9 Times
After heating the power button on your Toshiba TV, it tries to turn on, and for 2 seconds, the fan runs. Then, the TV shuts down and starts flashing red lights 9 times. The leading causes of it are:
- Mainboard malfunction
- Power board’s damaged internal components
- Faulty cooling fan
- Power surge
The easy ways of combating the above troubles are:
- Replace the malfunctioning main board, corroded or damaged internal components, and defective cooling fan
- Install the dynamic voltage stabilizer for tackling sudden power surges or voltage fluctuations
5. Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 10 Times
Your Toshiba TV’s red light may blink 10 times when you power it on, it is running, or when you plug in the TV’s cord in the outlet. Usually, when the Tuner Power and “A-Board” face problems, it starts flashing red lights 10 times.
10 times flashing power light indicates a severe hardware hitch in your Toshiba TV. The leading factors causing it are:
- Voltage issues
- Mainboard malfunction
- Bad power supply board
- Dirty TV unit
- Faulty cooling fan
The easy solutions to fix your Toshiba TV’s 10 times blinking disputes are:
- Install a voltage stabilizer to check the voltage issues (sudden power surge, voltage fluctuations, etc.)
- Replace the faulty power supply board, defective motherboard, and bad cooling fan
- Properly clean your Toshiba TV and follow a regular maintenance routine
Learn more about Toshiba TV Red Light Blinking 10 Times.
Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Yellow
Toshiba TV blink codes in different colors, and you may experience yellow light flashing on your TV. Usually, when your TV goes through a video signal-related hitch, it flashes yellow light 3 times. So go through the exact causes and solutions of it below.
i). Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Yellow 3 Times
Toshiba TV’s yellow light blinking 3 times is another power light dispute you may experience. Your Toshiba TV was running fine, and you turned off your TV.
But after that, your TV is not turning on when you try to turn it on again. And it is blinking yellow light 3 times on the front.
This problem occurs when the power signal fails to go from the remote to your TV. Usually, 3 times blinking yellow lights means your TV is in Power-up mode. The causes of it are:
- Defective signal board
- Faulty digital video board
- Bad Power supply or circuit board
- Power outage
- Lousy connectors
- Problem with 3 ICs on your TV’s power supply board
- The firmware isn’t booting
- Malfunctioning capacitors
- The cooling fan is not starting or not working
You can hard reset your TV to fix this yellow light-blinking hitch. For 5 seconds, hold down your TV’s power button. Continuously hold the power button as long as the yellow light goes off. If this resetting process doesn’t work, you should keep your Toshiba TV unplugged for an extended period.
Or you can follow another way to fix this glitch. Press your Toshiba TV’s Menus button, hold it constantly, and then press the Power button. Hopefully, after doing it, the yellow light will go out.
If not, that means your TV has gone behind the point of a simple reset. So, you now need to follow the solutions below:
- Replace the faulty signal board, bad digital video board, malfunctioning power supply unit, lousy connectors, and defective capacitors
- Take off your TV’s backboard and vacuum the inside. Properly clean the fans and ensure the fan is turning on.
- Make sure your home’s electricity line is stable and your TV is getting Power properly. during a power outage, keep your TV off
- Check your TV power supply board’s 3 ICs and replace the ICs if required
- Ensure your Toshiba TV’s firmware is booting perfectly
- Check your TV’s cooling fan and replace the bad one
Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Green
Suddenly you may experience your Toshiba TV blinking green light, and it is not turning on. Flashing green light is another Power light-related issue that you need to fix.
Usually, the green light on your TV can flash 3 times. Let’s discuss the causes and solutions of it in detail.
i). Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Green 3 Times
Repeatedly 3 times, green light flashing means your Toshiba TV is powering up from the Power save mode. When a green light flashes on your TV, it will not turn on. The green light can flash continuously or can blink 3 times.
Your TV’s screen may display the Toshiba sign, but your TV will not respond. The leading causes of it are:
- Power board failure
- Defective main board
- Bad power supply
- TV screen freezing at the logo
- Static electrical build-up
- Power outage
- Locked up TV processor
- The loosely connected power cord to the TV
In the middle of watching TV, it suddenly starts shutting on and off, and the green light blinks. It’s really annoying. If the green light continuously or 3 times flashes on your TV screen and the unit doesn’t turn on, then you should follow the solutions below:
- Replace the failed power board, faulty main board, and lousy power supply unit
- Ensure the “Toshiba” logo is not freezing on your TV screen.
- Across the screen’s surface, gently brushed a dryer sheet to clear the static electrical build-up.
- Install a voltage stabilizer to ensure stable voltage running to your TV. During a power outage, unplug your TV from the outlet.
- Ensure your TV processor is working perfectly and it’s not locked up
- Tighten your TV’s power cord connection to the outlet
How To Fix Toshiba TV’s Green Light Flashing
While the green light starts blinking on your Toshiba TV, first try a hard reset. Sometimes, your Toshiba TV’s processor can be locked up, which causes this issue. The hard reset will free the locked-up processor. The resetting steps are:
- Disconnect your Toshiba TV set from the power outlet
- Press your TV’s power button (not remote) and hold it for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, release it
- Now re-plug your TV into the electric outlet and ensure a tight power cord connection to your TV
- Once press the power button and check whether your Toshiba TV normally power-ups or not
Try the above resetting process at least 2 times and then see if the green light flashing problem becomes solved or not.
Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Orange
The orange flashing light on your Toshiba TV means your TV is not receiving any video signal. Without any pattern, continuously orange light can blink on your TV. You may see the flashing orange light close to your TV’s power button. The leading causes of it are:
- Bad capacitors
- Faulty power supply board
- Circuit board issue
First, you need to check whether your TV’s capacitors go bad or not. For checking, you have to take off your TV’ back, and you will find little round components there.
These little round components are capacitors. The capacitor’s top will be completely flat. Now to check whether the capacitors are bubbled or not, you have to put your finger on their top.
Find the bubbled ones and replace them. Also, check the other internal components on the power supply board. Replace or repair the circuit board & lousy power supply.
To fix the orange light flashing hitch, keep your Toshiba TV unplugged for 36 hours, and after that, plug it back. Hopefully, the problem will be solved.
Toshiba TV Power Light Blinking Blue
Blinking blue light means your Toshiba TV is in a diagnostic state called protection. Usually, your Toshiba TV’s blue light blinks 3 times, and then the TV stops turning on.
i). Toshiba TV Blinking Blue Light 3 Times
After 3 times flashing the blue light, your Toshiba TV for 4 seconds may flash yellow light while still, it flashes the blue light also. This is really a problem that you need to fix.
While the blue light is On and flashing steadily 3 times, your Toshiba TV will show a blank screen, and it will not power on.
Or, for 15 seconds, your TV can power ON and then shut itself off due to the slow flashing of blue light. The reasons accountable for it are:
- Malfunctioning receiver box sending wrong or lousy signal to the TV
- Damaged or jammed internal control circuit
- Bad AV control board
- Fried fuse resistors or links
- Hardware failure (Internal components become damaged)
- Lousy power supply board
- Mainboard malfunction
- Faulty red tube
- TV’s main cheap read the wrong voltage
If you see the blue light blinking on your Toshiba TV, keep its power cord unplugged for one hour or more. Then re-plug it again and normally start your TV. If the problem still exists, then follow the solutions below:
- Replace the faulty receiver box and ensure your Toshiba TV receives the correct signal.
- Replace the damaged internal control circuit, faulty AV control board, fried fuse resistors or links
- Check the corroded internal components in your Toshiba TV and replace the damaged internal parts, malfunctioning motherboard, and lousy red tube.
- Ensure the main cheap of your Toshiba TV is reading the correct voltage
Toshiba TV Power Reset – 2 Methods
When your Toshiba TV’s power light starts blinking different colors, including red, yellow, orange, green, and blue, it means the fault indications. It implies something is creating problems within your TV.
However, if your Toshiba TV blinks red light 3, 5, 8, 9, or 10 times, you first need to power reset your TV as a first step of fixing it. You can reset your Toshiba TV following 2 different methods at different time intervals. So those methods are:
i) Method 1
The first ways of resetting your TV are:
- Unplug your Toshiba TV from the electrical outlet and disconnect the Power
- Press and hold your Toshiba TV’s power button for 30 seconds (If your TV has the Power On switch, then hold it for 30 seconds)
- After 30 seconds, release the Power On button and re-plug your TV into the electric outlet.
- Turn on your TV and check whether the power light blinking has been solved or not.
If still, the power light is flashing, then you should follow the second method below:
ii) Method 2
Following the 2nd way, the easy resetting steps are:
- Unplug the power cord of your Toshiba TV
- Wait for 1 hour
- Press the power button on your Toshiba TV (Not remote) and hold the button for 1 minute
- Constantly hold your TV’s power button for another 60 seconds and re-plug your TV in this situation
- Re-plug your Toshiba TV directly into the outlet, which will help bypass the power strips and surge protector.
If your Toshiba TV’s power light blinking problem won’t be solved after following the above method, it means your TV is going through a serious hardware issue.
Why does my Toshiba TV turn off and on by itself?
Your Toshiba TV is turning on and off by itself because a bug infected your TV, outdated firmware, faulty hardware (mainboard and power board), a bad power supply unit, and a TV cord’s loose connection.
How do I turn off the standby light on my Toshiba TV?
Navigate to your Toshiba TV’s “Settings” and then choose the “Setup/Preference” option. Then go to the “Toshiba Illuminate” option and turn it off.
Why my Toshiba TV won’t turn on, but the red light is on?
When your Toshiba TV is not turning on, but the red light is on, it means the remote control problem. Also, the faulty circuit board and power failure are responsible for it.
Hopefully, our guide was helpful for you, and now you know everything about the Toshiba TV power light blinking. We explained which type of color light flashing issue you may face and what factors cause different times of blinking and their solutions.
So, whenever you find your Toshiba TV is flashing any light, just follow our guide and fix it by yourself.
Still, if you have any queries, let us know in the comment box. Our expert will come to you with a possible solution.