The major reasons for the Dynex TV remote not working include dead remote batteries, signal interference, a defective remote control pad, and a faulty TV IR sensor. A power reset of the remote is an effective diagnosis for this issue. Sometimes users need to reset the TV and reprogram the remote as well.
Don’t get in trouble. The problem is not hard enough as long as you know how to fix the issue. Learn more below.
Table of Contents
Dynex TV Remote Not Working [7 Best Solutions]
For your convenience, we have included all simple and easy steps that will assist in freeing your tv from this complication. Scroll down!
1. Reset TV Remote
A hard reset on the remote should be your first step in the case of this malfunction. The process will be highly effective to erase the malfunction and unresponsive factors that create obstacles while syncing with the tv.
You will need nothing but some quick and simple steps to perform in resetting the remote. Follow the below instructions:
- First of all, remove the batteries from the battery compartment.
- This time, you have to press the power button for up to 20-30 seconds.
- Then, re-install the batteries into the right positions.
- Connect the cover, and your remote is reset.
2. Drained Remote Batteries
If a hard reset on the remote can’t able to fix the issue, it is time to check out the batteries of the remote. Sometimes, the battery charge becomes too low, and you need to replace it with the new one.
If it is so long to have the same battery on the remote, there is quite a possibility of having the issue of a drained battery. Without any delay, replace the battery with fresh one:
- First, remove the old batteries.
- The internal battery terminal may have specks of dust. Take a cotton bud dipped in alcohol and clean the remote control terminals carefully,
- Now, insert the batteries in the corrective direction.
- Make sure you are inserting the batteries from the “-“pole indication.
3. Re-program the Remote
Sometimes the issue is caused by internal malfunctions of the remote and tv. The signal between the remote and the tv may get disconnected. Here are instructions on how to program the Dynex remote to Dynex TV:
- First, turn on your TV.
- Then, press the TV and SEL buttons at the same time simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Now point the remote control to the TV and enter the code “o463” code.
- Finally, you can verify it by pressing the VOLUME + button.
4. Signal Interference
Sometimes poor signal strength between the tv and remote control causes the same issue. There may have been signaling interference, and that prevents the tv from responding to the remote. If the remote is IR-featured, it uses infrared light to control TVs.
In the case of several infrared remote controls, there also may be interference by scrambling the IR codes. This type of interference happens for having any solid obstacles in the path.
Also, having RF transmitted device nearby or inserting too much sunlight in the room causes miss signals sent from the remote control.
- Remove all the hard objects from the path of the tv and remote.
- Also, remove the devices that might receive the infrared signal to avoid this interference.
- Ensure there have not too much bright and direct light pointing to the tv remote.
5. Power Reset on TV
Most of cases, there have faults with the TV, and we try to resolve the remote issue. So, it will be a good recommendation to check out the TV also as it is failing to receive the signal from the remote control. The best solution is to perform a power rest on the TV.
By this, all the unresponsive factors will be easily eliminated from the TV. Here are the instructions on how to reset the Dynex tv:
- Turn off your TV and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Disconnect the power adapter.
- Leave in this position for up to 10-20 minutes.
- Then, connect the power adapter and turn the TV on.
- This will do a power cycle to your TV.
6. Defective Remote Control Pad
Most often, it seems that one or multiple buttons on the remote control get stuck. For this, it will fail to respond to the program.
The problem is related to the remote control pad where the problems occur. Sometimes, there has a glitch over the remote control pad that needs diagnosing. Follow the below steps to solve the problem.
- In this troubleshooting step, you will have to disassemble the remote. Take your remote, and remove the battery cover.
- Take out the batteries first.
- Locate and unscrew any screws on the battery compartment that are keeping the remote together.
- Then, ply the two parts from the remote’s edges using a screwdriver and similar to sharp objects.
- Now, disconnect the rubber remote button and circuit board.
- Take a cotton bud and dip it into alcohol.
- Start cleaning the rubber button from the back surface.
- You may clean the rubber button using soap and by rinsing it with water. Dry the rubber accurately before reconnecting.
- Clean the circuit board as well.
- Finally, reassemble the remote, and insert the batteries. Hopefully, it is working. If not, we have more options.
7. Faulty Remote Control Sensor on TV
A defective remote control sensor is also responsible for this issue. Sometimes the remote sensor located in the TV gets defective, and that causes unresponsive to the remote.
In this case, the solder joints of the IR sensor to the TV’s circuit board may be worn out. Anyway, follow the below steps to replace the sensor:
- Turn off your TV and unplug it first.
- Now, disconnect the back panel of the TV and open the TV.’
- After opening the TV, locate the TV’s motherboard and its sensor. The sensor is basically a small rectangular box topped with a shiny black dome on the board.
- Then, remove the soldering iron joints and disconnect the old one.
- Replace with a fresh new IR sensor there.
- Contact an expert for preciously doing this.
- Re-assemble the TV and turn it on. If you face the same issue on the remote control, be sure there are severe physical damages to the remote. Here, you need to replace the remote.
Why does my Dynex TV have no sound?
First, make sure the volume is not muted, and the volume level is turned up. If that is not, incorrect sound settings, hardware failure of the TV’s speaker, and faulty cable connection are the reasons.
Why won’t my Dynex TV turn on?
A faulty power supply or defective power adapter is the first reason for occurring this. Also, loose cable connection, defective wires, faulty capacitors, a bad mainboard, and broken backlight cause the issue.
Hopefully, now you know all those factors that are responsible for the issue. Also, you can effectively troubleshoot this issue by following our guide. Still, if you have any queries regarding this guide, leave a comment below. We will give our best to rectify the queries.
Note: You can also read how to change the input on Toshiba TV without a remote.