“Hanns G monitor not turning on” happens due to inadequate power supply and faulty cable connections. In some cases, loose cable connections, higher display resolutions, and bad capacitors are also highly responsible for this. To troubleshoot this issue, there need some effective steps.
Throughout this article, we are assigned all the essential factors that will surely fix the problem with your monitor. So, stay with us till the end.
Table of Contents
Hanns G Monitor Not Turning On [7 Easy Solutions]
Here, you will get every fixing method in a quite straightforward way. So, don’t skip any procedure form below:
Note: You can also read the Hanns g monitor troubleshooting guide.
1. Inadequate Power Supply
If your PC is on, but the monitor fails to turn on, a faulty power supply would be the root cause. If there is an incorrect input voltage for the power supply, it is hard for a monitor to turn on.
Apart from this, there states further so many factors that are responsible for this. Have some glimpse of having all those:
- Defective switch
- The monitor is not turned on
- Non-working power cord or power strip
- Faulty wall outlet
- Broken power connection
- Loose power cable connection
- The wall socket may be switched off
- Faulty power board
- Start by ensuring that you have turned on your monitor.
- Now make sure that, when the power button is pressed, the monitor has power and the power light comes on.
- Now check out the power cable. If it is well working, verify that it is firmly seated in the wall socket and the power supply socket. If possible, try a different cord.
- Check out other cable connections as well.
- Also, verify the input voltage for the power supply is correct
- Connect your monitor to a second electrical outlet and move through the second troubleshoot
2. Reset Your Monitor
After ensuring power setup to your monitor, it is time to reset the monitor. By this, your monitor will be set to default settings. Also, the process will assist in erasing all the unresponsive factors responsible for this issue.
You will need absolute instructions for resetting your monitor. We have included all the effective processes for this. But if you want, check out the Hanns G support center and follow the instructions to find your product.
- First of all, unplug the monitor from the wall outlet.
- Unplug the video cable as well.
- Now locate the power button and press it. Keep holding the button for about 10 seconds.
- This will hard reset your minter.
- Connect the cable and plug back in the monitor.
- If you are not finding the image, continue to the next step.
3. Faulty Cables Connection
In this part, you have to make sure that all the cables of your monitor are sturdy and secure.
A broken cable connection, especially a damaged video cable, is highly responsible for preventing the monitor from turning on. So check and fix the problem right now to get back the image there:
- First of all, check out the video cable connection on the monitor and on the back of the computer. For this, open the back case and locate the video card. Disconnect the card and place it firmly in its slot.
- Make sure there are no cracks or visible damage there. Also, it should be connected properly.
- Check out other cables and connection points. Switch cables if you find any fault there.
- It will be best to unplug the cable running on your monitor and plug it back in.
4. Change the Display Resolution
In many cases, high display resolution seems to be the culprit behind this issue. The monitor should have a display resolution that is compatible with the device.
If there is a non-supportive resolution value that causes the monitor not to turn on, follow our below suggested steps to change the display resolution to a lower without the screen:
- First of all, right-click on your mouse.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Then, press the up arrow button from your keyboard about 2 times.
- Now, press the Enter button.
- Again wait for a few seconds.
- After that, press the Tab four times and press the Space right after then.
- This time, press the Down button 15 times.
- Press Enter again. If you can’t see the display setting on your screen, press the Tab and Space again.
- Anyway, when you see the display, click on Keep Changes.
- Now optimize the resolution correctly.
5. Reset the BIOS Settings into Defaults
The corrupted BIOS setting is another root cause in the case of the monitor not turning on. Sometimes, a misconfiguration of the BIOS causes the monitor not to start up.
So, here you need to reset the BIOS of your monitor to factory settings. Clearing the CMOS or BIOS memory will set it to factory default levels.
- Press the power button to turn off your monitor.
- Now, disconnect the AC power cord of your monitor.
- Then, remove the back computer case, and inspect the motherboard.
- Disconnect the CMOS battery using the non-conductive screwdriver.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and re-install it.
- Finally, connect the power cord and turn on your computer.
- Here, if you want, you may disable power settings in BIOS.
6. Replace the Bad Capacitors
Defective capacitors are one of the most common reasons for causing power problems on a monitor. In most cases, it may be blown out and fail to supply power properly to the monitor.
So, after applying all the above steps, you should check out the inside capacitors of the monitor now.
For this, turn off your monitor and unplug it. Then, disconnect the back panel and inspect the capacitors. Remove the bad caps from the power board and replace the capacitors with new ones. Reassemble the monitor and turn it on.
7. Dying Monitor
If still there is persisting the same issue on your monitor, be sure the monitor is dead. You can confirm this by doing a short test through it. In this fact, you have to disconnect the cable and connect the monitor to another computer.
If the monitor works, then the problem is with the PC. On the contrary, if the monitor still won’t turn on, it will determine that the monitor is dead. Contact Hanns G support for better suggestions.
Still wondering about the Hanns g monitor won’t turn on? Hopefully not. Our comprehensive discussion has enough to provide adequate information regarding this fact.
But if you have any further questions that are needed to ask us, don’t hesitate to let us know through comments. We will give our best to rectify your query ASAP.