There has a common query about Motorola baby monitor charging port replacement to most of the Motorola users. As the parent console operates through a battery, thus its fluent function will highly depend on a better charging system. Sometimes, it gets faulty, and users have trouble figuring out the right reasons.
Follow our below exclusive article on this topic. Here, you will get all factors cleared related to this. So, continue reading.
Motorola Baby Monitor Charging Port Replacement
The faulty cords or power adapters will lead to the baby monitor being unusable. So, it will be worth replacing the damaged ones just after figuring out any faults there.
Note: You can also read how to reset the Motorola baby monitor.
How To Fix Motorola Baby Monitor Charging Port?
Motorola baby monitor faces several charging issues many times. It seems not to recognize when the charging cord is being plugged in.
Even this time, the battery symbol in the top right corner fails to show while charging. In some cases, the battery starts showing low– when it is still plugged into the charger.
In this situation, it is required to inspect the charging port and investigate the inside sensibly. Anyway, if you have the same issue, you may do some DIY fixes by yourself. This will help you to save extra costs from the technician.
Follow our below most straightforward guide to inspect this charging port and replace it if needed.
1. De-assemble The Parent Unit
Here are the procedures to de-assemble the monitor:
- First, turn off your monitor.
- Now, take a tiny Phillips head screwdriver and start removing the plastic battery cover on the back of the parent unit.
- Carefully unscrew the attached screw.
- After removing the back cover, take out the battery pack.
- Also, carefully pull the connected wires with the battery.
- When done, you will see another screw located underneath the battery. Unscrew it as well.
- Then take a tiny flathead screwdriver.
- Pry open the baby monitor gently along the seam around the outside edge.
- After that, the inside circuit board will reveal. Also, you will see two red wires connect with the circuit board and the speaker.
- Now locate the charging port and match out the below symptom to verify if it is actually damaged or not.
2. Match The Signs Of A Bad Charging Port
In this section, you will get some main signs of a damaged charging port completely explored. So, read out each symptom and match it out with your baby monitor’s charging port:
- Loose charger port: The unit may have the port come loose. Even it will fall out when you inspect your circuit board. This may be the major reason behind the malfunction of charging.
- Worn-out port: In many cases, the charging port may wear out because of excessive use. For this, it will fail to connect with the adapter.
- Blocked port: Sometimes, a blocked and dirty port messes up the charging system. If there is the same on your unit’s port, simply you can dislodge the dirt using a paper clip or compressed air.
- Broken pins in charging port: Most of the time, pins inside the port become bent or even broken out. For this, the fluent charging of the unit will turn impossible.
- Off-colored residue around the port: You may find black residue around the charging port due to the inside burn. Use a flashlight for better exploration.
3. Replace The Charger Port Of A Baby Monitor
If you notice any of the above symptoms there, it is time to fix this or replace the port. If the port is loosed or blocked, you may fix this by re-soldering it onto the circuit board and cleaning the port. Then, snap the 2 sides of the monitor back in the right place.
After that, screw the detached screws and place the battery. Connect the back cover and connect it with the charger. Hopefully, it will recognize the charge cord.
But when the fact is about the Motorola baby monitor charging port being broken and other symptoms, you need to take your monitor to a technician. If they suggest, you will need to replace it.
If the charging port is well working and there are no faults, the charger and the cord may be the culprit. Read through below to learn in-depth:
Motorola Baby Monitor Replacement Charger
While often operating the baby monitor, the charger cord of your baby monitor may get frayed and break. At this time, you must have to replace the complete charger without any late. Otherwise, it will affect the functions of the monitor device and will damage it.
When you are planning to replace your charger, make sure you are replacing two major items of your own Motorola unit. Look through below:
- An AC-to-DC Power Adapter: A Motorola baby monitor needs a power adapter having a 6-volt output. Also, there must have a 500mA power supply.
- Adapter Tip “A”: This is another major part that will enter your baby monitor’s charging port. Make sure the replaced adapter tip is fitting on the charging port of the unit.
You will find several options in the market when choosing a power adapter. You may go with our suggestion: Motorola Baby Monitor Charger Power Cord Replacement Adapter. But before, don’t forget to match out the compatible Motorola baby monitor brands with your model.
Hopefully, our comprehensive discussion has enough benefit to you. We can expect you are not hassling more with any charging issues on your baby monitor device.
If you still have any questions after reading this article, don’t hesitate to let us know through comments. We will reply ASAP.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.