In most cases, Olevia TV users face some major problems with their TV due to the power supply. The most common Olevia TV power problems include Olevia TV won’t turn on, but flashing blue light, the TV keeps shutting off, and the HDMI port not responding.
Also, appearing no signal message on the screen or the TV picture consistently going black are the leading issues accruing by the power supply.
Whatever the problem is occurring with the power supply, we have brought to you the easiest fixes here. So, without going anywhere else, read every aspect till the end.
Table of Contents
Olevia TV Power Problems [5 Easy Solutions]
Here are the trouble points for each issue and the corresponding solving methods included below.
1. Olevia TV Won’t Turn On Blue Light Flashes
If your TV catches any power supply glitches, the first would-be problem is turning it on. It is a common issue that TV users generally face.
Here, the TV won’t turn on but the blue light keeps flashing. Anyway, let’s know the reasons for occurring such an issue.
- Defective capacitors due to power surge
- Faulty cable connection
- Damaged or loose wiring
- Wrong firmware upgrade
- Blown fuse
- Tripped circuit Board
- Motherboard malfunctions
- Faulty components on the power supply board
- Short out wall outlet
- Wrong input setting
- Random bugs
- Dusty and jammed TV vents
- Defective power cord
- Connecting TV via a surge protector
Now, go through the below solution method to resolve Olevia TV blue light flashing issue.
- Your first step should be eliminating the random stuck bug on TV. For that, power reset the TV by unplugging it for some time.
- Plug the TV into a different wall outlet. If needed, do a factory reset.
- Now, check out the firmware version of your TV. If it is not compatible with your TV model’s configuration, update it again.
- Then, check and repair the tripped circuit board to modify the central power supply.
- Inspect the TV and check out the capacitor condition. Replace all the broken and blown-out capacitors.
- Ensure a smooth cable, wiring, and cord connection with your TV.
- Then make sure the TV input settings are quite okay.
- Replace the fried motherboard
- If still, Olevia TV power light blinks, look for an expert.
2. Olevia TV Keeps Shutting Off
Olevia tv shuts off by itself is in the row of most common TV issues relating to the power supply. Degradation in electric supply is the root reason behind this issue.
The major problem that can occur from a power source includes a defective power cord, an outlet issue, or connecting the TV via a surge protector.
Also, enables sleep timers, software bugs, backdated firmware, defective connected devices, faulty remote control, and malfunctions from the Wi-Fi connection are also highly responsible for this.
If your Olevia TV turns off by itself, go through the below-suggested steps:
- First of all, switch out your TV from the surge protector. It causes interruptions to the electrical current.
- Power reset the TV and connect it to a different outlet.
- Disable the sleep time mode if it is enabled.
- Temporarily turn off the Wi-Fi connection to confirm if the problem persists from there or not.
- Disconnect all external devices from the TV. Just connect the power cord only.
- Don’t ignore your home’s circuit breaker. Repair the tripped breaker.
- Make sure your remote control is in good working condition.
- Also, verify the cable, wiring, and cord. Replace the defective ones.
- Last but not least, upgrade the TV’s firmware to the latest version.
3. Olevia Tv No Signal
If your Olevia TV is displaying a “No Signal” message on the screen, it could be one of the common issues that are related to the power problem. Connecting TV to the wrong input source is the root reason behind this.
Sometimes, the no-signal problem can be traced to defective cables or ports, unsecured external device connection, or defects in the cable box. Anyway, you can easily troubleshoot the issue by following the below methods:
- First, turn everything off connected to your TV.
- Take a look at the HDMI cable and all the cables. Ensure a secure connection to all this.
- Hard reset your TV by unplugging the TV for about 60 seconds.
- After resetting, ensure the TV is set to the correct input source.
- Reset CABLE or SAT BOX. For this, unplug the power cable for the cable box and leave it for 20-30 min.
- Then make sure that the devices are turned on and not in standby mode.
4. Olevia TV HDMI Port Not Working
If your TV is connected with several devices like X-box, cable box, PlayStation, or Roku, but not showing on the screen, be sure there have a problem with the HDMI ports.
Anyway, the leading reasons behind faulty ports include broken connections, damaged port surfaces, loose cable connections, defective port’s tiny parts, and using thick cable on the connection point.
Fixing the ports issue is not time-consuming if you follow the right fixes. Let’s start with the easiest fixes;
- Before starting, unplug the TV from the power source.
- Now, place the TV on a flat hard surface. Be sure the back part is faced to you.
- To access the HDMI port, remove the television casing by unscrewing the screws.
- Now look deeply if there is any broken part on the port surface.
- If you find any broken parts, re-sold it properly back to the port.
- Now remove the pins of the ports connected to the circuit board.
- De-solder the defective ports and re-solder the fresh ones there.
- Then connect the pins. Ensure a secured connection.
- If still, the port is not working, then repair or replace the HDMI cable. Check out the external devices as well.
5. Olevia TV No Picture But Has Sound
Due to some power problems, the Olevia TV screen goes black but the sound still can be heard. The reason can be the power cable connections of your TV.
Either the power cables can be damaged or not inserted into the power outlet properly. Loose cable connections and broken backlights can also be included in the reasons list.
- First of all, check out the HDMI cable connection.
- Look through if there is any visible damage to the power cord or any loose cable connections.
- If there is no problem with the connections, unplug the HDMI cable of your TV from the power source.
- Leave it unplugged for a while
- During this time, hold the power button of your TV for about 25 seconds
- After that, release the power button and plug the power cable of your TV again
- Turn on your tv with your remote or manually. Check if there is any picture on your TV now. If not, power reset your TV
- If the problem is still occurring, the backlight is the culprit behind this issue. Now you need professionals to change the backlight for your TV.
How do I know if my TV fuse is blown?
First, unscrew the TV fuse holder with a screwdriver. Now check the fuse wire. If you see any gap between wires or any dark smear inside the glass, be sure your TV fuse is blown.
Does Olevia TV have a reset button?
Press the power button on your Olevia TV. You can locate the reset button below on the screen of your TV.
How do I set up my Olevia TV?
Press the ‘Function’ button and scroll down to the ‘PROG’ option. Select the ‘Scan’ option and choose the source of your channel. Now, wait for your TV to scan through the available channels.
We have explained to you every prospectus related to the power supply problems on Olevia TV briefly in this article. As you have read through the article, hopefully, you won’t find yourself in trouble when power supply issues occur.
Still, if there is any quest in your mind, feel free to inform us through comments. We are always ready to help you.