When the “LG TV Bluetooth service needs to be initialized” message appears on your TV screen, it initially lets you know that your TV may have a network issue.
LG users often face such problems. Operating a TV with this issue is quite impossible and needs some effective solution methods.
Thinking about your struggle, we are here with a quick but easy solution. By following our suggested methods, you can surely fix this problem. So, without getting delayed, let’s get started…
Table of Contents
- LG TV Bluetooth Service Needs To Be Initialized [5 Easy Methods]
- 1. De-Register and Re-Register LG Magic Remote
- How To Register (Unpair) Magic Remote
- How To Register LG Magic Remote Control
- 2. Restart Your LG TV
- 3. Need Factory Reset On LG TV
- 4. Reset Main Routers
- 5. Replace LG Remote Control
- Does LG magic remote use Bluetooth?
- Will one LG remote work with all LG models?
- Final Verdict
LG TV Bluetooth Service Needs To Be Initialized [5 Easy Methods]
To solve the trouble, go through our mentioned step-by-step methods:
1. De-Register and Re-Register LG Magic Remote
If such a message appears on your LG screen, there is a software bug. Anyway, the first method is to unregister your remote control and register again.
Here are the procedures to unpair and re-connect your magic remote with LG TV.
How To Register (Unpair) Magic Remote
- First of all, turn off the TV and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Then again, turn on the TV.
- Now aim your remote at the TV and start pressing the “Home” and “Back” buttons simultaneously.
- Continue pressing for 5 seconds.
- You will see the red light blinking 3-times on your remote.
- Your remote is disconnected.
How To Register LG Magic Remote Control
- First, pit the remote batteries in the right place.
- Then, turn on the TV. Turn off all other LG TVs, if there are any nearby. Otherwise, it will fail to register.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds. Let the TV properly start the operating system.
- Now point the remote to tour LG TV. Make sure there have enough Bluetooth connections between them.
- Then, press the Smart Home button and Back button of your TV remote at the same time.
- Continue pressing for 5 seconds.
- Finally, press the Wheel (OK) button. An appeared message on the screen will confirm the registration.
Note: You can also read how to fix LG TV touch buttons not working.
2. Restart Your LG TV
If the above disconnects and reconnect the remote control method fails, go through the below methods. It will hopefully solve the problem:
- First, turn off the TV.
- Unplug the TV.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds.
- Now turn on the TV without using the remote.
- You will find the power button below the LG logo of your smart TV.
- Press the power button.
- Now click on the OK/Scroll button of your remote. After initializing the pairing, check if the problem is solved or not.
3. Need Factory Reset On LG TV
When the above two methods don’t work, you have to factory reset your LG TV. After a factory reset, all the data from your TV will detect. It will take back the TV to the initial setup wizard. To factory reset, follow the below processes:
- First of all, press the Home/Smart button from the remote control. It will bring up the launcher on the TV screen.
- You will see a “Settings” icon on the right corner of the screen.
- Now select “All Settings.”
- Next, find out the “General” option from there. Click on it.
- From there you will see the “Reset to Initial Settings” option. Select out, and it will start initializing the factory reset.
- A warning box will appear on the screen. Press Confirm.
- Then, enter your password.
- Wait for some while.
- After factory resetting, set up your TV again.
4. Reset Main Routers
If you are still facing the same issue, it is also a sign of a failed TV network module. You need to reset your Wi-Fi router and upgrade it to the latest firmware to fix this. Here we have included the router/modem resetting methods:
- First of all, turn off your router/ Bluetooth modem and unplug it.
- Leave it for 60 seconds.
- Then plug in the router and reconnect Wi-Fi with the TV.
- Make sure your router is updated with the lasted firmware.
- If it does not work, replace the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi module. Contact LG TV customer service.
5. Replace LG Remote Control
After a long time using, there may create defects in the entire parts of your remote control. Of that, it stops working correctly.
A faulty remote control is also a significant reason for causing such Bluetooth problems. So, it would be better to replace the complete remote control. Contact LG TV customer care to buy a new remote control.
Does LG magic remote use Bluetooth?
To operate the TV, it needs to communicate directly with the remote control. Thus, all LG remote control has radio frequencies (RF) or Bluetooth system.
Will one LG remote work with all LG models?
It will surely work. An LG magic remote control can work through all models. Just there need to pair the remote with that model, and you are ready to use it.
LG TV Bluetooth service needs to be initialized is a typical problem for any LG TV. The problem can be troubleshot by following our above guide.
Hopefully, our comprehensive discussion has been much help to you. Still, if you have any queries, let’s know in the comment section.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.
3 thoughts on “LG TV Bluetooth Service Needs To Be Initialized [5 Easy Methods]”
None of the procedures that you advised to initialize bluetooth worked.
There is another issue causing the problem.
Do you have any other solution
Then it would be wise to contact a professional or LG support center to get the solution. Wish you all the best.
LG are complete load of rot, simple answer avoid all LG products, they are known to have bluetooth and wifi problems but have done nothing to eradicate the problems and virtualy no assistance from LG