“Toshiba 50l1350u wont turn on” is the most common query among Toshiba users. The problem mainly happens due to a defective power supply or a bad mainboard. Also, selecting the wrong input source, faulty remote control, and broken backlight are highly responsible for this.
Troubleshooting this problem will be an easy task, and that won’t take more time as long as you will approach all the corrective steps accordingly.
Table of Contents
Toshiba 50l1350u won’t Turn On [5 Easy Solutions]
Here we have included all the essential steps that will be highly effective to fix the problem. Besides these, you will learn all the possible reasons in detail. So, don’t skip a single step from below.
Note: You can also read how to change the input on Toshiba TV without a remote.
1. Defective Power Supply
Faulty or incorrect power supply to the TV is the root cause behind this issue. An efficient power supply is quite needed to operate the TV fluently.
If there is a power degradation problem in the TV, it will automatically start malfunctioning. Here go through leading reasons for occurring power supply problems:
- Short-out wall outlet
- Blown fuse
- Badly connected power cord
- Defective wiring connection
- Loose cable connection
- Irregular voltage readings on the voltage regulator
- Dead power supply board
- Bad mainboard
- Defective capacitors
- Faulty video and audio connections
- Defective HDMI cable
Anyway, if the facts are about the fixing bad power supply on your TV, follow the below suggestions:
- First of all, disconnect your TV from the wall outlet and connect it to another electrical outlet.
- After confirmation of a wall outlet, move through the power cord. Examine the cord deeply and replace it if you find cuts or stretches over there.
- For the next step, unscrew the back panel of the TV and inspect the power supply board. This time, locate the defective elements on the board using an electric voltage tester. Don’t be late to replace the board if you find any visible defects there or a drop-down of the voltage.
- Now check out the fuse of the power board. It may get blown up. Test it using an ohmmeter. After ensuring it defects, replace the fuse with the new ones.
- Ensure that the connection of all the cables is snug.
- If all above can’t fix the problem, be sure the mainboard is bad. Here, you may need to replace the defective capacitors.
2. Wrong Input Source
The wrong input source is another possible reason behind the TV not turning on issue. TV needs all the accurate input source connections for operating it.
If the input is not matched with the number of HDMI ports, the problem starts there. Anyway, it is time to double-check the sources and change the source by following the below instructions:
- First of all, turn off your TV.
- Now press the sources button from the back of your TV.
- Select the correct input source from there
- Also, you can perform this task using your remote. For this, press the menu button on the remote control.
- Once the input sources option appears, change the sources using the menu button.
- After activating that input, it will be highlighted on the screen.
3. Faulty Remote Control
It seems a matter of wonder to all, but faulty remote control can be the main reason for causing this issue. Sometimes, there may have dead batteries in the remote, and we are trying to turn in the TV using it.
In some other cases, there may stick some unresponsive factors to the program of the remote control that becomes a high obstacle in turning on the TV.
However, while tracking all the possible reasons behind this issue, we can’t ignore checking the remote of the TV. Here go through the below-assigned instruction to reset the remote control:
- To do a reset on the remote, disconnect the battery cover of the TV.
- Remove the batteries of the TV.
- Now, press the power button of the remote for about 30 seconds.
- After that while, insert the batteries back into the remote.
- If still the same problem is persisting, be sure the batteries get dead.
- Insert the new batteries there and makes sure you are placing the batteries correctly.
4. Factory Reset on Toshiba TV
A factory rest on the TV will be highly effective in erasing all the data from the TV and resetting the device to its original state. In this way, we can easily erase all the unwanted factors of the TV.
If you are wondering about the corrective approaches to reset your TV into factory settings, go through the below steps:
How to Factory Reset Toshiba TV?
- Turn off your TV first and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Now, locate the power button from the back of the TV. It may vary from model to model.
- Press and hold the button for about 10-15 seconds.
- While holding the TV, plug the TV back in.
- The Toshiba logo will appear on the screen. Also, you will find the android recovery menu appears on the screen.
- Press the power button to navigate the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
- Now just press and hold the power button to select the option.
- It will direct you to the next menu, where you will ask “Yes” or “No.”
- Tap the power button once to highlight the “Yes” option.
- Press and hold the power button again to start the resting process.
- Finally, reboot your tv by pressing the power button again.
- After about 1 minute, your TV will be reset in to the factory settings.
5. Broken Backlight
If nothing has worked yet, it is a quite possibility of a broken backlight causing such an issue on your TV. Almost all LED TV features a filtered light system that generates images on the screen.
If somehow, the backlight of the TV becomes damaged or broken, you will not see the image even if the TV is turned on.
But before contacting any technician to fix this, you may go through the easiest test to ensure the backlight failure. Here are the procedures:
- Take a flashlight and put the light very close to the TV screen.
- Make sure that the TV is plugged in.
- If you are noticing an image even, it is too low on the screen, be sure the issue is a backlight failure.,
- Contact the manufacturers to replace the broken backlight.
Why is my Toshiba TV not responding to the remote?
In this case, the remote needs a power reset. Remove the batteries and hold the remote’s power button for 30 seconds. Place the battery. It will start working if the batteries are not dead.
Why is Toshiba TV not responding to Alexa?
Poor internet connection is the root cause of your TV being unresponsive to Alexa. Some other major reasons are signal interference between the path, faulty cable connections, and wrong Wi-Fi passwords.
Throughout this article, we have assembled all the fixes that are enough to free your tv from this issue. Hopefully, our guide on the Toshiba tv not turning on has worked well.
If still, you still have any questions about understanding any of the above processes, leave a comment below. We will come back to you as soon as we can.