ViewSonic monitor blue power light flashing mostly happens due to the degradation of the power supply. A bad or blown-out capacitor is also the root cause of this.
Sometimes, setting high resolution will not let the monitor turn on and only blinks the power button. If there appears the same issue on the monitor, the power reset effectively works.
Go through the below comprehensive article to get the complete solution to this monitor issue.
Table of Contents
ViewSonic Monitor Blue Power Light Flashing [5 Easy Solutions]
Here we have included all the possible reasons for causing this issue. Also, you can solve this problem from your monitor conveniently by following our below guide.
Note: You can also read how to fix the LG monitor power light blinking problem.
1. Power Reset The Monitor
The blinking blue light on the power button indicates that the device is in operation but not in viewing mode. Anyway, if it appears on the power button, the first step should be to turn off the ViewBoard.
Before moving to other troubleshooting steps, first, do a power reset on the monitor. Go through with us and follow our below suggestions:
- First, turn off your computer.
- Unplug the power cable from the monitor.
- Now press the power button on the monitor.
- Keep holding the power button for about 30 seconds.
- Then, plug in all the power cables and turn on your monitor.
- Also, make sure the DVI connector is securely connected.
- In the case of the unresponsive power button, you may disconnect and reconnect the power adapter to turn your Viewsonic monitor on or off. Hopefully, it has provided you with an image on your monitor, and the power button stops blinking.
2. Shorted Power Supply
The short power supply is another major reason for causing flashing blue on the power light. For a faulty power supply, the monitor will not be able to power up correctly.
So it is time to check out the physical connection from the monitor to your computer. Look through some possible reasons for occurring shorter power supply:
- Loose wire connection
- Faulty power cord
- Defective wall outlet
- Worn-out visible wires
- Faulty power cable
- Bad power supply board
- Defective power strip
Now go through the below guidance on making the repair:
- Check out the power cable first.
- If you see any defaults there, you must have to replace this.
- Also, make sure that the power cable is firmly connected to the back of the monitor and the power outlet.
- Ensure the monitor is connected to a well-working wall outlet.
- Press the power button properly to turn on the monitor.
- Tighten all the loose connections. At the same time, check out if there are cracked wires. Replace them.
- If more devices are connected to one power strip, remove all other devices except the monitor. In many cases, connecting electrical hardware to one power strip leads to an electromagnetic issue. This causes the blinking problem.
3. Defective Capacitors
A bad capacitor is one of the most common reasons for causing a blinking blue light on your monitor. The inside capacitor gets defective because of overheating. Because of excessive heat produced from the supply board, the capacitor is blown out.
The monitor fails to start the screen when there happens this issue and also flashes blue light. Now check out the capacitor of your monitor and replace it. Follow the below guide to get a better idea.
- First, turn off your monitor and then disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Now, you have to disconnect the back panel from your monitor. For this, carefully unscrew all the screws attached to the back panel.
- Once you have disconnected the plastic cover from the back, disconnect the power unit as well.
- Then, carefully disconnect the wires that connect the power unit to the power supply board.
- After this, the capacitors will inspect and check out. If you see swelling up, tilting on the body, discoloration, and leakage of material from the bottom of the capacitor, be sure it gets defective.
- If you find any of the physical symptoms in the capacitor, don’t be late to replace it.
- Reassemble the monitor and turn it on. You may contact a technician to perform this.
4. Set The Right Resolution
In the case of the Viewsonic monitor blue light, and no picture, the resolution of the monitor is now the culprit. You may have entered a video card having a higher resolution, and the monitor can’t handle this.
For this, the power lights start blinking. Now, if you get the image after replacing the capacitors, check out the resolution and set the right one.
- First, click on the “Start Button.” Then go to the “Control Panel.”
- Now, find the Change Display Settings option from the left-hand side of the window.
- Click on it and go to Advanced Settings.
- Then, go to the Monitor tab and then click on the Screen Refresh Rate option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the right refreshing rate. Go through your model manual for a better idea.
- Click on “OK” to set it.
- Then, click OK on the Display Settings window.
5. Dead Monitor
After ensuring a fluent power supply and replacing the bad capacitor, if still there is no image but blue light on the power button, be sure the monitor gets dead. This is quite normal, and any electronic device may defect after long-term use.
Constantly having no image or display on the monitor or image flickering is a sign of a dead monitor. You may go through a short test to ensure this. Connect your monitor to another computer.
If there is still no image and a blinking amber power button, it is a confirmation of a dying monitor. Contact the dealer to get suggestions about buying a new monitor.
Why won’t my ViewSonic monitor turn on?
First of all, make sure the power button is firmly pressed. After that, check out the power supply. Sometimes, a defective power cord or non-working wall outlet is the reason.
Why is my Viewsonic monitor blinking on and off?
Your Viewsonic monitor on-off blinking constantly identifies a dying monitor. Before replacing the monitor, it will be worth fixing the power connections, input connections, and low refreshing rate.
ViewSonic is regarded as one of the best brands for manufacturing quality monitors. Users several face various issues with the monitor. ViewSonic monitor blue power light flashing is the most common query among them. For them, we have assigned the complete guide.
Hopefully, our discussion on ViewSonic monitor troubleshooting has been informative enough for you. Share your valuable thoughts regarding this article through comments.
William Gonzalez is a passionate researcher & electronics expert who is dedicated to solve complex electronic issues. Plus, he has a passion for sharing his knowledge & expertise in this field with others. Well, he breaks down the complex technical concepts into simple terms & shares them with his readers so that they can easily troubleshoot the problems with their electronic products as well as save their pockets.
2 thoughts on “ViewSonic Monitor Blue Power Light Flashing [5 Easy Solutions]”
I have a problem to my viewsonic TV, I turn on it’s okay after 1minute the screen is flashing and blinking but still have a picture.what the solution can you give me idea please thank you
Could you reset your device? If not, first try resetting and it should fix the issue. If resting won’t work, then contact the support center.