The root cause behind the Westinghouse TV input source problem includes faulty HDMI cable or defective external devices. Outdated TV firmware, choosing the wrong input sources, and malfunctioning remote control are also highly responsible for it.
Troubleshooting this TV problem will not be a hard task as long as you have an effective fixing guide. Today we are proceeding with such an exclusive guide for you. Here you go!
Table of Contents
- Westinghouse TV Input Source Problem [7 Easy Solutions]
- 1. Reconnect HDMI Cable
- 2. Faulty HDMI Cable
- 3. Choose The Correct Input Source
- 4. Factory Reset Your TV
- 5. Update The TV’s Firmware
- 6. Malfunctioning of Connected External Device
- 7. Problem with TV Remote
- Why is Westinghouse TV not powered on?
- Why is my Westinghouse TV not connecting to Wi-Fi?
- Bottom Line
Westinghouse TV Input Source Problem [7 Easy Solutions]
Here, we have discussed all the responsive factors for this in detail. Scroll down!
1. Reconnect HDMI Cable
If your TV’s input source is not working, the first reason would be the HDMI connection. Sometimes, there stuck some unresponsive factors through the cable connection, and that leads to input source problems.
Disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable will be the most effective approach in this case. Go through with us and do a reset to your HDMI port and connection.
- First, disconnect the TV power cord from the wall outlet.
- Now turn off all external devices connected to your TV via HDMI cable.
- Disconnect the HDMI cables as well.
- Leave the complete unit in this position for about 60 seconds.
- Then, reconnect the HDMI cable. Make sure the connection is enough secured, tight and damage-free.
- Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Turn on your TV.
- If still there have the same issue with the input source problem, proceed to the same method.
2. Faulty HDMI Cable
If resetting the HDMI connection can able to resolve the issue, there have a faulty HDMI cable connected to your TV. After long use, there may create cracks and damage to cables. Sometimes, the HDMI port got defective.
In this case, it will fail to program with the TV and HDMI devices. When you connect and disconnect the cables roughly multiple times, there cause wear out or endure damage because of heavy use.
After confirming damages to the HDMI cables and ports, it is time to get rid of your TV from this culprit.
- Remove all the defective cables. Replace with fresh ones.
- Makes sure the cables fit snugly while plugged in.
- Don’t forget the HDMI port. There should be a sound connection between your cable and device through this port.
- If possible, plug the cable into a different port connection on your TV.
3. Choose The Correct Input Source
Sometimes, choosing the wrong input sources for the connected external devices occurs the same issue. For setting incorrect input, the TV will fail to show or recognize inputs.
Sometimes, this causes the HDMI inputs not to function properly. Anyway, to prevent this problem, you have to check out that either your tv is connected to the same source or port. Go through the below instructions:
- First, from the remote control, press the “Input” button.
- You may use the button located on the front of your TV.
- After locating the “Input” option, check whether your TV is connected to the right source or port according to the cable box.
- If possible, change the input port from the back and now change the input source.
- Hopefully, the problem will be resolved. If not, proceed to the next step.
4. Factory Reset Your TV
If the input source is creating a problem on your TV, a factory reset in your TV will prove well. It will clear all of your TV’s data and your TV will be set to the default setting.
Also, all the malfunctioning factors can easily be eliminated through it. If you are wondering about the correct steps to do a factory reset on your Westinghouse TV, follow the below instructions:
- First, navigate the “Menu” option by using the remote control.
- Now, go to “Settings.”
- Then select “General.”
- Scroll down and find “Restore Default” or ‘Factory Reset‘ from there.
- Click on it, and the TV will start resetting.
- After some while, the TV will be reset to its factory default settings.
5. Update The TV’s Firmware
In many cases, outdated TV firmware leads to the input source problem. If there have backdated firmware running on your TV, the TV will catch several bugs in the program, including the input source issue.
Anyway, after draining the residual power from the TV, you will need to update your TV with the latest firmware. By this, we can expect to fix all the bugs in your TV. Update the Westinghouse is not like a hard nut to crack. Just follow the below process:
- First, go to the browser on your computer and visit the Westinghouse official website.
- Then, you will find out the “HDTV Firmware Upgrade” on the screen.
- Choose your Westinghouse model of television and click on the “Download” link.
- Plug a USB flash drive into the computer and extract all the files there.
- Now plug the USB flash drive into your TV’s USB port.
- Your TV will automatically detect the latest firmware and start updating it.
- When done, disconnect the USB drive.
6. Malfunctioning of Connected External Device
If there is no fault in your HDMI cables or ports, the problem may start with your external device.
We can ignore this scenario when we are troubleshooting the input problem of the TV. There is nothing, but you need to perform a reset on all the external devices.
- First of all, turn off your TV and unplug it from the power source.
- Now, disconnect the external device that is connected to your TV via an HDMI cable.
- Leave the complete unit unplugged for about 20 minutes.
- If possible, connect your TV to another external device.
- Now plug your TV back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Expectantly, there having no input problem. If yes, don’t worry. We have one more option to fix.
7. Problem with TV Remote
If your Westinghouse TV not changing input, the TV remote may be the culprit in this problem. There can be several reasons behind this. Like drained remote batteries or stuck one of the buttons on the remote.
All that can fall a great impact on your TV’s functionality include input problems. So, before moving to the technician, it will be worth fixing the remote problem.
- First, remove the batteries of the remote.
- This time, hold the power button from the remote for about 10-20 seconds. This will assist in doing a power cycle through it.
- Now, insert the batteries. Change the batteries to solve the issue.
- Make sure all the button on the remote control is well working.
- Now point to the TV and choose the right input using it.
Why is Westinghouse TV not powered on?
Malfunctioning power management is the major reason for this. Drained remote batteries, wrong input source, shorted wall outlet, and broken backlight can be the reasons. Do a factory reset on your TV.
Why is my Westinghouse TV not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Either your TV or the wi-fi is responsible for this. In this case, reset your router first. If that does not work, factory reset your TV and re-enter the password.
Westinghouse TV input not working seems to be the most common issue among the users. They need a well-proved guide to fix the issue. For all of your convenience, we have presented our best tries over this article.
Hopefully, it has become informative enough for you. Don’t hesitate to let us know if there have any questions on your mind regarding this article. We will give you a solution ASAP.
Note: You can also read how to fix Samsung TV service menu HDMI calibration failure problem.
Hi I am William G. Gonzalez. I love doing research and finding out the solution to any type of electronics issue. After in-depth research, I find the best solution and share it with my readers to minimize their struggles and fix their issues with their electronics.
2 thoughts on “Westinghouse TV Input Source Problem [7 Easy Solution]”
my westinghouse tv sound cant understand the sound
The leading reasons behind Westinghouse TV sound not working are the volume of your TV being too low or the TV is muted, some issue with the cable connections or the software is out of date. Other reasons can be the wrong external device connections with your TV or the incorrect sound setting on your Westinghouse TV. The last possible thing that can be the culprit is the Audio IC failure. Here, to know the solution, you can read our ultimate solution guide on how to fix Westinghouse TV sound when it doesn’t work.